Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M. Brown

Windows Media Player 11 Beta

5 posts in this topic

I downloaded and installed this yesterday morning before Microsoft had released it officially on their site. I have played around with it a little but the biggest complaint I had about WMP 10 was the mobile DRM. It worked about half the time and when it did work it was half assed. Hopefully (or from what I hear) they have improved mobile DRM considerably in this version. Kudos to Microsoft on a great product. What took them so long?

I downloaded and installed this yesterday morning before Microsoft had released it officially on their site. I have played around with it a little but the biggest complaint I had about WMP 10 was the mobile DRM. It worked about half the time and when it did work it was half assed. Hopefully (or from what I hear) they have improved mobile DRM considerably in this version. Kudos to Microsoft on a great product. What took them so long?

One reason it took them a while was that they were trying to make it compatible with URGE, the new music service by MTV.

I was thinking about downloading, but I noticed it was beta so I was afraid it would mess my computer up.

I was thinking about downloading, but I noticed it was beta so I was afraid it would mess my computer up.

Its safe so far.