Clinton Presidential Library

Mith242

I could have sworn I already had a topic over here in the photo forum going. I've taken a few pics here in the past. Although this was one of the few times I've gotten to take some when the weather wasn't too bad. Maybe I'll have to go back and find some of my older pics if there is any interest. Anyway took these last weekend. I stopped in Little Rock to take a few pics on my way through. This is becoming a pretty hot spot in the city for development. I really liked being able to get some interesting cloud reflections in some of the pics.

img8365ss5vz.jpg

img8368ss4be.jpg

img8370ss2ui.jpg

img8372ss0ep.jpg

img8373ss8jp.jpg

img8374ss6tb.jpg

img8378ss1vl.jpg

img8380ss7sn.jpg

img8386ss1wc.jpg

img8389ss1dy.jpg

img8396ss2ga.jpg

img8397ss3kx.jpg

img8400ss9fp.jpg

img8402ss2gg.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's beautiful, but I admit it reminds me of when I drive from Atlanta to Chattanooga. Off the freeway just south of the Tennessee line is a trailer park high up on a bluff. There is one trailer (single wide) that juts out over the edge of the bluff and is held up by a long line of concrete blocks.

I think it's beautiful, but I admit it reminds me of when I drive from Atlanta to Chattanooga. Off the freeway just south of the Tennessee line is a trailer park high up on a bluff. There is one trailer (single wide) that juts out over the edge of the bluff and is held up by a long line of concrete blocks.

:lol: Yeah I've heard a number of people in Arkansas refer to it being like a trailer. Although once I actually stopped by to see it and not simply drive by it I didn't think so. But even if people aren't too happy about the way it looks in Little Rock I think people have to appreciate what it's done for the city. It's certainly been a big boost for that area of the city. But anyway thanks for the comments.

I'm very behind as far as viewing threads in the Photos section, but I had to respond to this. I'm not a Clinton fan by any definition, but I find Presidential Libraries to be very nice monuments, and I hope to someday visit this particular one.

Thanks.

This one is rather easy to get to if you're in Little Rock. You can also see it pretty well just off I-30.

This one is rather easy to get to if you're in Little Rock. You can also see it pretty well just off I-30.

I guess I've never looked for it. I've been through L.R. so many times on I-30 since it's been built, but never seen it. But then again, I'm ususally driving and focused on the road. My wife probably wouldn't even know what to look for, so I'm sure we've missed it many times.

I guess I've never looked for it. I've been through L.R. so many times on I-30 since it's been built, but never seen it. But then again, I'm ususally driving and focused on the road. My wife probably wouldn't even know what to look for, so I'm sure we've missed it many times.

Yeah if you're focused on the road or more likely to be in the fast lane you may not have seen it. It's to the east of I-30 just before you get to the river. One of these days I'll go by and actually try going inside for a change.

It looks like I missed this thread!

Very nice photos of a nicely designed structure, Rod! I was in Little Rock last summer, but I completely forgot about the Clinton Library. One of these days I'm gonna have to get back up to Little Rock and check it out.

It looks like I missed this thread!

Very nice photos of a nicely designed structure, Rod! I was in Little Rock last summer, but I completely forgot about the Clinton Library. One of these days I'm gonna have to get back up to Little Rock and check it out.

Thanks. Yeah I still need to go inside some time. But I've been by at odd times or opted to go around the city and take pics instead. I've mainly been hitting Little Rock on my drive back to Fayetteville.

It's funny it never occurred to the world famous New York architect that designed it as a symbol of Clinton's "Bridge to the 21st Century" mantra but every Southerner looks at it and thinks this:

91GA_Savannah_TrailerOnStilts1.jpg

:rofl: Exactly.

Oh no, really, it's great.

Archived