condo's downtown spartanburg

spartanburgh

Does anyone have an opinion on why there are no Condo projects in Spartanburg's downtown? Other upstate cities have projects going on and it seems to be a major missing link in Spartanburg's development.

I know there are other things needed downtown, but this one seems to be so obvious that someone should have gotten a major project off the ground by now. I have only heard that the Palmetto would convert to condo's by this December and the George Johnson site on Broad was being converted to residential, but that was many months ago.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't the Bijou project supposed to include condos? This is definitely one of the most important elements of urban growth, and I believe it will eventually come, but at the present, no developers are stepping out to create anything large, because of the potential risk it involves. Give it time and something will happen. :thumbsup:

i looked at some apartments downtown earlier this week. they were actually the ones above the international market. they are really nice. the building on the corner of main and liberty is also going to be apartments on the top floors. they are currently renovating them and they overlook the Denny's plaza. it's a really nice location. i also asked the developer who renovated the apartements over the international market if he knew anything about the rumored residential tower. he replied that he heard someone was putting up condos on the broad and liberty site. i hope the rumors are true!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived