Bon Secours Wellness Arena

distortedlogic

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody needs to get on the ball. The Bilo Center lineup for the rest of the year is pitiful!

It almost seems like more effort was put into pulling shows for Charter Ampitheater (since it's also under the same management) this year -- The Black Keys, Kiss, Mumford & Sons. Mumford in particular was a huge win for Greenville -- and sold out so it bodes well for the future (at least for the Ampitheater).

LMAO!!!!!!! What an absolutely horrible name. Kind of reminds me of the "Poulan Chainsaw Bowl" from the 90's. Come to think of it, with Bi-Lo Center's tree problem, perhaps they should have contacted a chainsaw company for naming rights. This is rich, too rich......go Greenville!!!!

Edited by gs3

LMAO!!!!!!! What an absolutely horrible name. Kind of reminds me of the "Poulan Chainsaw Bowl" from the 90's. Come to think of it, with Bi-Lo Center's tree problem, perhaps they should have contacted a chainsaw company for naming rights. This is rich, too rich......go Greenville!!!!

Yes, a hospital system is sooooo terrible. Who needs people to live?!

Yes, a hospital system is sooooo terrible. Who needs people to live?!

Perhaps you are missing the irony...... WELLNESS........ Drive by Bi-Lo Center during any event and look at the obesity rate of those entering......check out the junk food sold in the concessions....."YOU WANT CHEESE WIZ ON THAT DOG"? LOL.

• Like 1

I understand the need for hospitals to advertise but doesn't it almost seem like a slap in the face to have people complain about rising health care costs and here's nearly half a million dollars being spent just to have their name on a building?

Surprised that companies like Michelin and BMW that are so associated with the area didn't bid on it.

Okay, I have to chime in about Spartanburg Regional being in the running.  WTF?  That pisses me off that they were willing to spend ~$4 million in a different city than the one they're located in.  How about supporting your own city? 

Back on topic: corporate naming rights never result in the greatest arena names.  This one is okay (certainly not the worst).  I agree that it's odd that hospitals were the main bidders...

Okay, I have to chime in about Spartanburg Regional being in the running.  WTF?  That pisses me off that they were willing to spend ~$4 million in a different city than the one they're located in.  How about supporting your own city? 

Back on topic: corporate naming rights never result in the greatest arena names.  This one is okay (certainly not the worst).  I agree that it's odd that hospitals were the main bidders...

You have to remember Spartanburg thinks they are Greenville. Just sayin' I agree with what you say!

As stupid as Bon Secours Wellness Center sounds, it is better than Bi-Lo Center and TONS better than Bojangles Arena.

And Spartanburg Regional getting naming rights to the arena in Greenville would have been a huge mistake for Greenville.

Agree. At least they did name it "Arena" not "Center". Center would have made it sound like a clinic. Ideally I would drop wellness and just call it Bon Secours Arena" but I am ok with the name.

Edited by apaladin

And maybe this is the first step to solving that issue?

. How are these naming rights the "first step" to a healthier community? Not following you? Seems a better use of the 4 million could be spent going out into the community and holding nutrition classes, helping start community gardens, etc? 4 million to slap your name on a place that serves hotdogs and cheese wiz, hardly seems like a first step in a positive direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...