Bon Secours Wellness Arena

distortedlogic

Something has to be done about that electronic sign in front of the arena. It's an embarrassment.

That's in their renovation plans along with updated restrooms, new concessions, renovated concourse, new signage, more sponsors, 360 ribbon board, new paint job on the interior, water pressure done to the outside, new electronic risers, updated curtain system, better acoustics/lighting, more trees/plantings, new folding chairs, renovated suites, new jumbotron, etc. There's a lot more to this renovation than most people think. It's being done in several phases over the new few years. It will turn the arena inside out when it is all said and done. Betsch Associates was hired as the architecture firm for this project. 

Edited by gman430

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Potentially located on the mezzanine level facing the arena parking lot, the restaurant could be open two hours before events and seat approximately 225 people, said Beth Paul, assistant general manager. A ticket would not be required to dine and the restaurant would have an exterior entrance, said Paul.

The restaurant would have a sports bar feel and could include an exterior patio, retractable glass wall or retractable roof, said Ken Betsch, architect with Betsch Associates. Estimated cost of the restaurant project is approximately $1.9 million.

More info: http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/improvements-continue-arena/

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you are a big concert goer as I am I am afraid we may miss Roger Newton. Since he left not one concert has been announced. Many tours for 2015 have been announced and the BSW arena has struck out so far. I am afraid the BSW arena will be reduced to hockey and kiddie shows. One other thing Roger Newton was always accessible either by phone or email. I have emailed RN a few times over the last couple of years and he always responded quickly to answer my question. I have emailed Beth both to congratulate her and ask a question. Both times I was ignored and received no reply.

• 1 month later...

Greenville is on the map again as far as major concerts it looks like. Shania Twain included Greenville on her 48 city farewell tour and the Eagles just announced Greenville on the next leg of their "History" tour. They come from Miami to Greenville then to Virginia. Greenville is the only date in the Carolinas and Georgia.

Edited by apaladin
  • Like 2

With the state Budget and Control Board giving final approval for a complete overhaul of Littlejohn Coliseum on Wednesday, Clemson University will be holding its major events – men's basketball games and graduation ceremonies – at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville beginning in August until August of 2016.

"This new collaboration with the Arena allows Clemson to further expand its footprint in Greenville," said Neill Cameron, vice president for advancement at Clemson. "If Clemson is our hometown, Greenville is by far our home city."

With the state Budget and Control Board giving final approval for a complete overhaul of Littlejohn Coliseum on Wednesday, Clemson University will be holding its major events – men's basketball games and graduation ceremonies – at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville beginning in August until August of 2016.

"This new collaboration with the Arena allows Clemson to further expand its footprint in Greenville," said Neill Cameron, vice president for advancement at Clemson. "If Clemson is our hometown, Greenville is by far our home city."

Should be a good source of new revenue for BSWA, which hopefully will allow for more upgrades and more events generally.