Bon Secours Wellness Arena

distortedlogic

Greenville is on the map again as far as major concerts it looks like. Shania Twain included Greenville on her 48 city farewell tour and the Eagles just announced Greenville on the next leg of their "History" tour. They come from Miami to Greenville then to Virginia. Greenville is the only date in the Carolinas and Georgia.

Don't read too much into Shania Twain and the Eagles.  If you were promoting an act, would you rather play at Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Time Warner Arena in Charlotte or the Greenville Arena?  Depending on the schedule, these acts may not have been able to get dates in other cities..........being the only date in the Carolinas does not mean Greenville is back on the map.  The Hornets control the arena in Charlotte.  The AAA Hockey Team, Charlotte Checkers, are moving from TWC Arena to the old coliseum in order to free up more dates/space in the building for the current hard to get acts.  The CLA in Columbia has the same issue, Carolina controls the dates for the buildings and works concerts around the schedule.  While it is nice to have the state's largest arena and one that is booked a lot, for Columbia, it also means less dates for concerts.   

Pretty sure the Eagles have already played both Atlanta and Charlotte on this tour which started last year. For Shania she plays Greenville on Saturday and Charlotte on Sunday and then Atlanta 2 weeks after. Greenville is the only date in the Carolinas/Georgia besides Charlotte and Atlanta.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Wikipedia says that Bon Secours Wellness Arena seats 17,000 for basketball. It was originally just short of 15,000. Is that larger number correct? If so, how did they squeeze in the extra seats?

(P.S. If this thread ever gets any traction again, it needs to be renamed)

I think the "official" listed capacity is 16,000.  I remember attending a CU/FU basketball game years ago and it was close to full but not full and the attendance was over 15K. FWIW the Clemson entrance is now the Furman entrance. The main entrance from the parking garage. 

Edited by apaladin

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Lots of new survey stakes up around the arena. Things that make you go hmmm. 

Did some more checking and they do indeed go around the entire arena including throughout the large back VIP parking lot. Trees also marked with tape within this same lot. Things that make you go hmmm...

Edited by gman430

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, apaladin said:

So looks like the Well will be getting some new bushes, shrubs etc. and maybe some paint on some outside walls. Sounds exciting. :rofl: Confirms what we thought, nothing to get excited about.

It's listed as Phase 1 of a master plan. Wonder when we will hear about Phase 2? Does anyone know if the plan is published somewhere?

3 hours ago, gman said:

My wife and I will be there. Counting down the minutes. 

I'll be there with my daughter. Looking forward to it!! She's 20 but loves the 60's  70's and 80's music. Have no idea where she gets that from, LOL.  This will be our third time seeing him. 

Awesome concert. At almost 77 years old, he played nonstop for right at 3 hours. By the way, the city of Greenville and the folks at The Well do a fantastic job getting crowds in and out. Last night, Hello Dolly was playing at the Peace Center, McCartney was at The Well, and Downtown Alive was packed with lots of people. Everything was orderly. Well done.

Edited by gman
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...