Bon Secours Wellness Arena

distortedlogic

Did you know...

-Friday's Winter Jam event and Saturday's Billy Joel concert were both sold out. That is the first time ever in the Bi-Lo Center's history that two different events in two nights were both sold out. :)

Actually, the concert was not "sold out." Some of the seats were curtained off, and even some of the seats were still vacant; way up in the corners near, the curtain. A good crowd nonetheless. :thumbsup:

The Upper State High School Championship games were last night and today at the Bilo Center. From the photo gallery at greenvilleonline.com, it appeared to be a decent crowd considering the teams were two Spartanburg schools. Hopefully the rest of the games today will have good crowds and draw a lot of people into downtown. :)

Anybody know what "the large rock show in May" (per the Journal) could be? Any Guesses?

I'll throw out the Heaven & Hell tour. Heaven & Hell is essentially Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio back on vocals - I believe the only exception is that Bill Ward is not w/them thus not the Black Sabbath moniker. Openers scheduled for the Candian leg are Megadeth and Down (Phil Anselmo formerly of Pantera). Of course all that's probably just wishful thinking - but it's the only "big" tour I can think of happening in rock for May.

Perhaps it's Megadeth kicking off a headlining tour? They have a new album due out. Otherwise I've got nothing.

Sadly for me it's probably some more of that fine, fine, fine new "rock" (can you tell I'm a big fan) that I don't keep up with so wouldn't have a clue.

^^^According to that site, there is nothing planned at the Bi-Lo Center in May, but it also says Lynyrd Skynyrd and Hank Williams Jr. will be coming to the Bi-Lo Center on June 2, 2007. It's called the "The Rowdy Frynds Tour." Maybe that's what the Greenville Journal was talking about and their source had the wrong month. :unsure: The Bi-Lo Center is real lucky to get this concert because this tour is only coming to 20 cities throughout the country this year: http://www.hankjr.com/announcements.htm

Edited by g-man430

Maybe Van Halen with David Lee Roth, or The Police???

I Don't really concider Megadeth Rock, more like Heavy Metal.

VH w/DLR is a no go as of last week. Even the "Greatest Hits" collection from the early years has been "delayed" again.

Megadeth is Metal \m/ but like I said it's wishful thinking on my part. I remember seeing them long ago at Character's :)

The Police is probably a good guess.

I'll throw out the Heaven & Hell tour. Heaven & Hell is essentially Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio back on vocals - I believe the only exception is that Bill Ward is not w/them thus not the Black Sabbath moniker. Openers scheduled for the Candian leg are Megadeth and Down (Phil Anselmo formerly of Pantera). Of course all that's probably just wishful thinking - but it's the only "big" tour I can think of happening in rock for May.

Perhaps it's Megadeth kicking off a headlining tour? They have a new album due out. Otherwise I've got nothing.

Sadly for me it's probably some more of that fine, fine, fine new "rock" (can you tell I'm a big fan) that I don't keep up with so wouldn't have a clue.

that would be rad if Heaven and Hell did come....heard one of the new songs yesterday and it was pretty good, definitely better than the two they did with Ozzy for the Reunion album. and Vinny Appice is playing drums, which makes sense, he did play drums for most of the Dio years anyway.

As far as the Family values tour goes, i thought that was an outdoor event or have they changed it in recent years? And Lamb of God said they have not committed to any summer tours.

that would be rad if Heaven and Hell did come....heard one of the new songs yesterday and it was pretty good, definitely better than the two they did with Ozzy for the Reunion album. and Vinny Appice is playing drums, which makes sense, he did play drums for most of the Dio years anyway.

As far as the Family values tour goes, i thought that was an outdoor event or have they changed it in recent years? And Lamb of God said they have not committed to any summer tours.

Heh-heh...Charlie sais "rad"...

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that Spokane, Washington hosted the US Figure Skating Championships in an arena smaller than the Bi-Lo Center a couple of weeks ago.

Since Greenville is pursuing niche sports, like the US Pro Cycling or even perhaps a Senior PGA tour event, hosting the US Figure Skating Championships could be a big deal for the Bi-Lo Center and maybe something that should be pursued.

Short of the NCAA tournament and or another conference basketball championship coming back to town, seems that would be a great addition to Greenville.