Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolverine

City Kids

6 posts in this topic

Awhile back I found this music video that mocks Detroit suburbanites who pretend they are actually from the city. It's pretty hilarious and the video is well put together.

For those who don't know:

- Grosse Pointe is a wealthy Detroit suburb

- The Magic Stick is a popular night club/concert venue

- The elevated train he gets on is called the People Mover, which is a 3 mile circuit with stations so close together, many consider it a pointless amusement park ride.

- 8 Mile Road is the dividing line between city and suburb, and historically a sort of invisible boundary between whites and blacks

- Historic St. Andrews Hall is a music venue featuring local and national artists particularly in hip-hop genres. It was popularized even more in Eminem's movie "8 Mile" where his character B-Rabbit freeystle battled.

Haha, that's great! I'm sending it some suburban Detroit friends right now.

Ha! That was great. I used to take trips from GR and East Lansing to go see shows at St. Andrews all the time. We'd laugh every time we passed the People Mover and say we should take a joyride on it someday. Never did.

the people movers not that bad, especially when its cold out or when your tired.

Calling the Grosse Pointes wealthy Detroit suburbs is an understatement. Troy, Birmingham, and Farmington Hills are wealthy Detroit suburbs. The Grosse Pointes are the Hamptons of the midwest.

LOL okay, I include this information from wikipedia:

"Grosse Pointe is still notoriously one of the most elelgant and prosporous suburbs in the country let alone, the mid-west."