Unions

I don't think that would be good enough for the Unite Here fools.....they don't seem to be willing to accept any vote unless it is organized by themselves.

All this is, is a scared union that is probably experiencing a sharp decline in its membership because for the most part these unions are uneccessary anyway. Anyhow, what you have is a union that I feel cares less about these workers and more about the expansion of its membership and the resulting member dues. All about the benjamins.

Can't we go back to focusing on Walmart, this needs to get resolved. I'm sure there are a lot worse places to work in Hartford. With so many conventioners and hotel guests rave about the facilities, we need to build on that momentum not step backwards.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't we go back to focusing on Walmart, this needs to get resolved. I'm sure there are a lot worse places to work in Hartford. With so many conventioners and hotel guests rave about the facilities, we need to build on that momentum not step backwards.

I'll just add in my opinion here. I think the threat of a union is great, along with low unemployment resulting in competition among employers for the same workers to keep wages and benefits fair. I think unions are dangerous once they get in power and all one has to look at is the American automobile industry to see what unions and their sometimes insane benefits can do to a company.

Archived