Murfreesboro: Tenants Announced For The Avenue

Relient J

There is an article from the Nashville Business Journal here:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori...html?from_rss=1

and one from Murfreesboro's Daily News Journal here:

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...NEWS01/60519002

that disclose the initial round of tenants who have committed to The Avenue, a proposed retail development off of Medical Center Parkway at I-24. My favorites from the list are Best Buy and Barnes and Noble!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Medical Center Parkway at exit 74 on I-24? That's only 25 miles from Downtown Nashville, 10 miles from the Davidson/Rutherford line, and 15 miles from the beloved HHM and their Best Buy.

It's actually exit 76 (exit 74 is the 840 exit), but your point is well taken. From what the developers have said, they're really aiming for regional appeal.

If somebody will host the site plan, I will send it to them. I have the lastest version that was sent to me from Cousins this week.

Unfortunately I don't think I have a reliable way of hosting the plan right now, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd love to have a copy of it! :)

Edited by Relient J

Isn't Medical Center Parkway at exit 74 on I-24? That's only 25 miles from Downtown Nashville, 10 miles from the Davidson/Rutherford line, and 15 miles from the beloved HHM and their Best Buy.

it's about 20 miles from the best buy at hickory hollow. they are actually moving that one to the old toys r us building next to the mall. and murfreesboro could use some electronics stores. right now it's pretty much hh gregg and electronic express. i work at the electronic express at hickory hollow and the one in murfreesboro always does way more business than we do because they aren't in a saturated market.

^ Very interesting perspective on the Murfreesboro electronics market!

There was another article on the tenants issue in the online edition of today's Daily News Journal:

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../605200316/1002

great article. i think it's about time for murfreesboro to get something like this. a lot of people are tired of having to drive to hickory hollow (or even to cool springs) to do some real shopping. the only problem i see it having is increased traffic in murfreesboro. they're putting it on one of my escape routes from old ft. pkwy!!! haha.

Very interesting article RJ. I always find it interesting we people say new developments don't cater to the poor. My wife said something along the same lines yesterday. The problem with supposedly catering to the poor is that if you are a business, you have to turn a profit which means you have to charge more than you pay for a product. The same runs true for non-profits. I can understand if someone says a Jos A Bank does not cater to the poor wheras a wal-mart does, but does anyone really think murfreesboro is lacking wal-marts? The upscale developements bring in more tax dollars. Someone buying a $400 suit will pay $40 in taxes, wheras someone buying a $10 shirt at wal-mart pays $1 in taxes. I think Murfreesboro is headed toward having a perfect mixture of both.

^ To each his own. However, I'm very excited about this project. The other Avenue shopping centers I've seen from the pictures on their Web site look beautiful, and it'll be great to have some of these stores in our market contributing to our local economy. It has the potential to be a big draw to consumers in other counties as well.

This is great news indeed for Murfreesboro and other residents of Rutherford county.

This is great news and the third shopping center in Murfreesboro. I do hope this project sets new standards here (ie underground utilities). I am also hoping this thing brings a Whole Foods, Earth Fare, or Wild Oats.

Edited by Justiceham