The Moch's have just submitted a River Grand Proposal

Time

Just read it on wood tv's webstie Can you belive that? I doubt they will be able to caryy through with whatever they are proposing. . Sorory i don't have time to paste it in, but i am already running late for a meeting.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read it on wood tv's webstie Can you belive that? I doubt they will be able to caryy through with whatever they are proposing. . Sorory i don't have time to paste it in, but i am already running late for a meeting.

Nice username then. :rofl: J/K Time. Thanks.

The father and son development team of Joseph W. and Joseph A. Moch of Moch International have submitted a letter of interest for the project.

A statement from Moch International says its proposal "leverages private investment for the benefit of public facilities complementing the amazing strides taken by Grand Rapids over the last ten years."

Joseph A. Moch said in a statement: "Our goal is to integrate the site into the existing framework of downtown by creating facilities beneficial to the Van Andel Arena and the DeVos Place Convention Center, while creating new and enticing entertainment, cultural offerings and residential alternatives for Grand Rapids and all of West Michigan."

Another proposal submitted has the words RiverGrand on the front of it. 24 Hour News 8 has reported developer Duane Faust's plan is titled RiverGrand Development. But there is no word yet if this particular proposal is connected to Faust.

Film showed the younger Moch getting his parking ticket stamped for the free parking.

They are putting in a proposal to buy a $35 million dollar piece of property and he can't pay for his own parking???

And to think of the doubts people will have on the local developers not capable of a project this size. I wonder how this is all going to come together especially when Shannon has said that the developers have to justify their investments with market studies.

I was thinking the same thing. He builds 'em slightly ugly, but he has been the only one to put the rubber to the road so far. If he does it, I hope he brings back the original towers (but twice as high). ;)

Joe

Let's not forget that they are the first ones out of the gate on their condo project....

Moch's proposal may be just a way to get in the Press. Can you imagine the non-stop press coverage for the next couple of months. And, it will help get some attention for their apartment complex they're building in that area. Pretty smart.

As I understand it, Moch's proposal is almost Plagiarism! It take Faust's posted plan and duplicates it.

Small wonder, that he was trying to keep it quiet for as long as possible. being an "outsider" and all.

??? Faust never posted a plan. What is being plagiarized?

"The Mochs have plans to build a 171-unit apartment complex at 235 Grandville Ave. SW, near the city-owned site. They also are building Icon on Bond, a nine-story, 118-unit condominium project north of downtown at 538 Bond Ave. NW."

What is this 171-apartment complex? Has this been talked about around here?

"The Mochs have plans to build a 171-unit apartment complex at 235 Grandville Ave. SW, near the city-owned site. They also are building Icon on Bond, a nine-story, 118-unit condominium project north of downtown at 538 Bond Ave. NW."

What is this 171-apartment complex? Has this been talked about around here?

yes it has actually, I think some renderings were shown, and it had a very suburban look to it :sick: (pitched green roofs???)

Archived