Cabelas to open

Rizzo

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WZZM 13 News contacted Cabela's and a spokesman said the new store in Indiana does not have any impact on the prospects of building a store here, but they won't confirm they are even considering the idea.

Yeah, right. With a store that big there's no way they will build another one this close. I'm sure they expect a lot of their business to come from people traveling north during hunting season, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to put two stores on the same route.

-nb

Yeah, right. With a store that big there's no way they will build another one this close. I'm sure they expect a lot of their business to come from people traveling north during hunting season, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to put two stores on the same route.

-nb

Hammond is almost 2 1/2 hours away. Dundee is maybe the same. Not that close.

There's been a lot of talk of rumors that Cabelas has been looking into large land purchases in the Big Rapids/Reed City area near US-131. Makes sense since you would be able to get a lot of people on the west side of the state who go north on 131.

A project developer named Bob Foust attends my parents' church, and i guess he has a huge plot of land out in Walker that he is intrested in turning into a Cabela's. Who knows if that is still in the works though. If they build that one in Big Rapids I guess it wouldn't make sense to have one in GR.

Archived