Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomo

MOCADetroit

7 posts in this topic

Announced in the press a few weeks ago, I just noticed that the MOCAD website is up and has some images of what the new museum on Woodward will look like. A fantastic renovation to the Woodward streetscape it wouuld be if done according to the rendition. If only it could be mirrored on the other side which is currently massive university dorm parking.

http://www.mocadetroit.org/

I like modern but that seems a bit odd to me. Either way though it will be a great addition.

Those squares coming out of the roof at all different angles are pretty sweet though.

Its interesting from an overhead shot but somehow I doubt it will be as effective from street level.

I should have a pretty decent view of construction from my apartment building. I will post photos if they are worthy...AND if this project gets started in the next 5 years. ;)

I should have a pretty decent view of construction from my apartment building. I will post photos if they are worthy...AND if this project gets started in the next 5 years. ;)

Do you live in the Garfield too Michi?

The building's so abstract that I can't tell what it looks like...

The project seems cool though, they're planning on putting a cafe and bookstore along with the gallery. And from what I can tell the rennovation is cosmetic, so I'm glad that they care what the building looks like.