Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skyliner

Largest Nuke Plant in the Nation!?

5 posts in this topic

According to this article in the Greenville News, Oconee County may eventually become the home of the largest nuclear power plant in the nation! This kind of popped out of the blue, but if it passes, enough power would be generated to power the entire state, not to mention provide many new jobs for the region. What are your thoughts?

Oconee Nuclear brought my family into the upstate from Fl many years ago now. Most ppl don't know this, but Oconee already has the largest nuclear output of any plant in the nation. This new "largest" would simply be in the number of reactors. I'm extremely interested to see how this plays out (I remember my father telling me many years ago about this being a possibility), and to see how many other families it pulls to SC.

I have mixed feelings about this. It sure is good for winter water skiing though! :huh:

Oconee just lost another bunch of textile jobs. So the pressure is on to draw new jobs. Either that or become even more focused on drawing the retired community.

They specifically designed Lake Keowee with this in mind, so its very possible. I'd rather them use the site in Cherokee.... or is this in addition to it?

This is in addition to the new plant in Cherokee County. This will really boost the Upstate economy, if everything happens as planned.