Where to find FREE WiFi in Tallahassee?

insituphoto

There's times when I want to surf online, but I just need to get out of the recliner and out of the house. I often like to go to hangouts with FREE WiFi. More and more places are doing it to attract customers, especially restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, etc.

So, where are all the FREE WiFi hotspots in Tallahassee?

Here's a couple I know about:

Bad Ass Coffee - Capital Circle across from Sams Club

Atlanta Bread Company - Governor's Marketplace

Panera Bread - Blair Stone / Park

Qdoba Mexican Grille - all locations

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's times when I want to surf online, but I just need to get out of the recliner and out of the house. I often like to go to hangouts with FREE WiFi. More and more places are doing it to attract customers, especially restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, etc.

So, where are all the FREE WiFi hotspots in Tallahassee?

Here's a couple I know about:

Bad Ass Coffee - Capital Circle across from Sams Club

Atlanta Bread Company - Governor's Marketplace

Panera Bread - Blair Stone / Park

Qdoba Mexican Grille - all locations

Sweet Shop, Jefferson St across from FSU

FSU campus

Downtown Tallahassee has WIFI canopy

The Airport

So I went to try out Panera Bread tonight. On first sight I liked the atmosphere. The booth I landed in was pretty comfy and I was able to get online fairly easy.

After about 15 minutes I found myself getting very very irritated. The internet was very slow and kept timing out... it even disconnected a couple times. Then I started to notice how LOUD the music was. I am not a jazz fan and the improv trumpets and saxes were really digging into my nerves. The loud music causes people to talk even louder to compensate, so it was hardly a relaxing place to "hang out." I asked nicely a couple times for them to turn down the music. They said they would but I swear they just turned it up even louder! I finally had enough and left.

I tried Qdoba, which I love their food, but it's not very conducive for "hanging out" unless you want to watch sports on their TV's.

I tried Atlanta Bread Company and that hardly looked comfortable.

I've finally landed at Crispers, which also has free WiFi. The music is kinda loud here too but at least it's GOOD music. I'm actually typing to the beat. Haha. The manager even agreed to turn it down a notch if I wanted. Now that's service.

I hear Bagleheads has free wifi too but they have very limited hours, especially on weekends.

The quest continues...

Fantastic WiFi coverage all over the downtown area & at the airport for free. Also the YMCA's offer free WiFi as well as a lot of the Subway's around town. Sharkey's Bistro in SouthWood offers it for free too.

So I went to try out Panera Bread tonight. On first sight I liked the atmosphere. The booth I landed in was pretty comfy and I was able to get online fairly easy.

After about 15 minutes I found myself getting very very irritated. The internet was very slow and kept timing out... it even disconnected a couple times. Then I started to notice how LOUD the music was. I am not a jazz fan and the improv trumpets and saxes were really digging into my nerves. The loud music causes people to talk even louder to compensate, so it was hardly a relaxing place to "hang out." I asked nicely a couple times for them to turn down the music. They said they would but I swear they just turned it up even louder! I finally had enough and left.

I tried Qdoba, which I love their food, but it's not very conducive for "hanging out" unless you want to watch sports on their TV's.

I tried Atlanta Bread Company and that hardly looked comfortable.

I've finally landed at Crispers, which also has free WiFi. The music is kinda loud here too but at least it's GOOD music. I'm actually typing to the beat. Haha. The manager even agreed to turn it down a notch if I wanted. Now that's service.

I hear Bagleheads has free wifi too but they have very limited hours, especially on weekends.

The quest continues...

The Qdoba on North Monroe's booths have wall plugs so you can use your laptop without draining the battery.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived