Cricket Hall of Fame

JimSawhill

Hi all:

Just a suggestion! Do you know that the Cricket Hall of Fame is in Hartford? It is located on Main Street in the north end, But I'd love to see them move downtown and build a new building. Cricket is NOT a well nown sport in the USA, but I'd love to see a new hal of fame along with a cricket pitch, so youth could learn the game.

I would love to see thd Hall of Fame either in the North Meadows or in East Hartford on the Riverbank. It would be nice to have and promote a hall of fame -- and maybe promote it with the two other halls of fame -- Basketball and Volleyball.

Commments??

JimS

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good, not sure where to put it in Downtown though. Maybe they could put it in/near Keney Park or in Blue Hills, there's a lot of Jamaican's in that area, and I'm assuming that's why we have the Hall of Fame to begin with?

Dee Snider had proposed making a Heavy Metal Hall of Fame in Hartford a few years back, too bad that never took hold...

Hi all:

Just a suggestion! Do you know that the Cricket Hall of Fame is in Hartford? It is located on Main Street in the north end, But I'd love to see them move downtown and build a new building. Cricket is NOT a well nown sport in the USA, but I'd love to see a new hal of fame along with a cricket pitch, so youth could learn the game.

I would love to see thd Hall of Fame either in the North Meadows or in East Hartford on the Riverbank. It would be nice to have and promote a hall of fame -- and maybe promote it with the two other halls of fame -- Basketball and Volleyball.

Commments??

JimS

I think since it's in the North End already it should remain here. I would like to see a new building for it, or a renovation. I've never noticed on North Main so it's propably nothing too special. I know a lot of jamiacans from my church who play and one guy was talking to my father the other day about getting more kids into cricket. I would like to see it become a destination. We need more destinations on this side of town for people from outside of the neighborhood, you know. Now if people don't want to come here to see it, that will be their loss. I would like to see a lot of development at the site for the UofH Performing Arts center on Albany Ave. That area is currently the projects, but is around the corner from the Million dollars mansions of the West End, literally. So if they get rid of the projects and develop a mixed use project there in conjuction with UofH, some really good stuff could happen and maybe this could move there.

I think since it's in the North End already it should remain here. I would like to see a new building for it, or a renovation. I've never noticed on North Main so it's propably nothing too special. I know a lot of jamiacans from my church who play and one guy was talking to my father the other day about getting more kids into cricket. I would like to see it become a destination. We need more destinations on this side of town for people from outside of the neighborhood, you know. Now if people don't want to come here to see it, that will be their loss. I would like to see a lot of development at the site for the UofH Performing Arts center on Albany Ave. That area is currently the projects, but is around the corner from the Million dollars mansions of the West End, literally. So if they get rid of the projects and develop a mixed use project there in conjuction with UofH, some really good stuff could happen and maybe this could move there.

Hartford Tycoon:

I think that area (Homestead-Albany Ave. Area) will be the next boom area. The old Lipman place is just an AutoZone store, but the old factories on Homestead are empty. The area has some abandoned buildings, but I'd love to see a Big Y where Lipman was -- GEARED for the West Indians in the Neighborhood (Here, PUBLIX started a chain called SABOR 'Flavor' for the Hispanics.) At the old Firestone dealer, tear it down and build the CHOF (Cricket Hall Of Fame) there with a few pitches for games -- and yes, promote the game to the youth. (I didn't know the USA had an Under 15 cricket team, until I looked up Cricket online.

I believe that Main Albany Homestead area would be a great place. Perez should give tax breaks for people and banks - maybe CBT and maybe some of Hartford's minority leaders --like Tony March and George Scott of Scott's Jamican Bakery could help - like maybe starting a minority run bank (Yes, the last one was mismanaged) and maybe some of the small businesses in the neighborhood could grow.

I want the north End to be successful and that is to help themselves get into business.

jimS

Archived