brooklyn/queens neighborhoods

cityboy777

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think are the cheapest safe neighborhoods in brooklyn or queens along the east river(close to manhattan) are.Astoria? Greenpoint? Long Island City?

All those are good, I loved living in Astoria. It's a very quick ride to the Midtown on the subway. Look around the Ditmars Subway stop area. I find that to be the best area of Astoria, the area around Steinway, while having lots of retail, is a little less attractive, Ditmars is more leafy, and still has a lot of retail and is close to the Steinway and Broadway retail areas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No matter where u live expect subway delays, and with Williamsburgh as someone said b4, parts are really Bushwick and labeled Williamsburgh so just know where youre at, and if u want a cheap neighborhood along the east river your a few years too late, im in Sunset Park (a 15min sub ride to canal st. manhattan) which is mostly a Latino and Chinese neighborhood with a few irish straight off the boat, and i can even see the gentrification everyday. Take Red Hook for example, that neighborhood was the HOOD 5yrs ago, now all the yuppies and manhattanites are gettin priced outta manhattan and pricing people outta neighborhoods like Red Hook, Carroll Gardens, Park Slope, Sunset Park, and Clinton Hill

• 5 months later...

Archived