Villagio Verde Called Off

btoy

I jut got word that the Villagio Verde project has been called off for the site along Villa Rd. and I-385 that is was planned for. BUT, the developer still wants to do a project of that concept but is looking for a new site that will interest possible retail users more.

Also, signs should go up soon for a new project on that Villagio Verde site. Two "seven story very high end condo buildings" are planned. Much of the site will remain natural.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I feel that this project would have done volumes for that area, I had two main concerns, one being would an italian village be completely out of place in that area, and the second being traffic concerns. In my opinion, it will only be a matter of time before someone takes that 90 degree turn on Villa just a little too fast and goes airborne into I-385. The developers I think are wise to do Villagio Verdae somewhere near Montebello, or at the very least that general area of Greenville. The one thing that I can say though, imagine two seven story buildings up on that hill, and being able to see them from 85. I think that our dream of an city that can be seen from 85 is starting to come to fruition.

I DO like the idea of two seven stories condo buildings and I'm glad that Villagio Verde or something like it will still happen somewhere... I hope that when you say "remain natural" that it is a nice manicured natural and not an overgrown forest :whistling:

Glad to see the Villagio Verde project is still in the works. Twin condo towers for this spot seems like a better use than retail. Hard spot to get into for high traffic retail, but perfect spot for condos. Great view. :thumbsup:

I jut got word that the Villagio Verde project has been called off for the site along Villa Rd. and I-385 that is was planned for. BUT, the developer still wants to do a project of that concept but is looking for a new site that will interest possible retail users more.

Also, signs should go up soon for a new project on that Villagio Verde site. Two "seven story very high end condo buildings" are planned. Much of the site will remain natural.

What company is developing the twin condo towers?

:dontknow: I don't get it. Why not call it midtown? That is where it is, afterall. And not far away, Brick City Grille is finally open, I believe. There is a nice new health spa going into the space next to this shopping center as well. That whole midtown area has changed dramatically over the past few years. :shades:

There could be a development coming out that will be called Midtown Greenville. :whistling:

What is this Midtown Greenville development? I've been gone a few days....did I miss an announcement or is this a tease?

Btoy said that two seven story condo buildings are going to go up at the Villagio Verde site unless you already know about that one. That's the only good sized development going on in midtown right now, unless there is another one i'm not aware of either.

What is this Midtown Greenville development? I've been gone a few days....did I miss an announcement or is this a tease?

It's a tease...

There could be a development coming out that will be called Midtown Greenville. :whistling:

What a tease! But then who am I to speak.

Archived