Attorneys in Memphis/Tennessee?

Clobber

I'm interested in setting up a branch of my practice in Memphis. I am interested in learning about the court-appointed contracts there. Specifically, how does it work? Can private attorneys get on the list? Given the possibility of conflicts with the PD's, I would think they would have to be able to get on a list, but how does that happen? Through an application process? Or do you just have to know someone in the system to nominate you to a presiding judge?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just contact the PD's office for the protocol. I'm sure they'd be happy to let you know how given the fact that I'm sure they're inundated with cases.

In New Orleans it was so easy to get cases. Many attorneys hated going to criminal court because judges would sometimes just ask lawyers to raise their hands, and he/she would proclaim that you're appointed to represent so and so. The pay was awful and took forever to get, but it was good experience.

If the PD's office doesn't help, I'd write the chief judge and explain yourself.

Archived