Detroit: The City - Part 1

hudkina

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's the brand new fountain at Campus Martius park in the literal center of the greater downtown area. That's the Compuware world headquarters you see in the background. It's really a great new park area that totally revitalized that section of downtown. the institute of Public spaces or whatever its called ranked it as the 4th best public space in north america. Once it is finished being built (its still not totally done) it will be even more awesome

http://campusmartiuspark.com/

(live webcam there)

Congratulations Satedude! Where abouts are the new digs?

Michi, I don't know where that building is either. It's sad...I know right where virtually every single photo in these three threads was taken at, but I don't know that one. I'm going to have to side with Wordsmith on this one and say New Center.

Yeah, I know how that goes. That's why I'm here in the southwest side instead of downtown. I'm still only 3 miles from downtown, so it's not too bad. It's actually very diverse here, and I'm only about a mile from Mexicantown, although I have yet to actually eat at any of the restaurants there.

Archived