385 N. Orange Avenue

firemick

I figured i start a thread to discuss one of the newest projects to come around since the Rosalind and 1000 N. Orange. I just recently noticed that 385 N. Orange is also on the June Municipal Planning Board Meeting agenda. This is in addition to The Rosalind Condos, Nemours Medical Building, & the Black Business Investment Fund Building. 385 North Orange is listed to have 12,000 sq. feet of retail, 93,800 sq. feet of office space & 118 residential units in 25 stories. Southeast corner of Livingston & Orange. Can someone provide a rendering if at all possible? I know this is another B&B design. With the creases or without, doesn't matter.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say this is a pretty decent design. This corner, i believe will be the first to have 200 foot plus buildings on each corner (presumably if this project and Orlando CenterPlace gets built). I like the vertical element from the street. This will make it look taller, and it doesn't really seem to have a big footprint as well. It looks like it might be close to the 300 foot club. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I figured i start a thread to discuss one of the newest projects to come around since the Rosalind and 1000 N. Orange. I just recently noticed that 385 N. Orange is also on the June Municipal Planning Board Meeting agenda. This is in addition to The Rosalind Condos, Nemours Medical Building, & the Black Business Investment Fund Building. 385 North Orange is listed to have 12,000 sq. feet of retail, 93,800 sq. feet of office space & 118 residential units in 25 stories. Southeast corner of Livingston & Orange. Can someone provide a rendering if at all possible? I know this is another B&B design. With the creases or without, doesn't matter.

Just out of asking but is S.E. Orange/ Livingston already the location of a church or is it the cluster of buildings which NYPD Pizza is a current tenant?

Not sure exactly where this thing will go or fit into that area

Just out of asking but is S.E. Orange/ Livingston already the location of a church or is it the cluster of buildings which NYPD Pizza is a current tenant?

Not sure exactly where this thing will go or fit into that area

You know what, never mind

Just answered my own question

Church I'm thinking of is Orange/ Robinson

I know where it will be now

Sorry

This is definately the sister building of Dynatech.

And I think Orlando is starting to contribute signifcantly to architechture - we gift the world with the 10 story parking pedestal!! No, no, hold your applause, World. We're just humbly doing our part. :blink:

It is a nice building, though. Definately short n' stubby but very much Orlando-esque.

Maybe a better phrase to fit the buildings Orlando is producing: "stubby with style".

And I think Orlando is starting to contribute signifcantly to architechture - we gift the world with the 10 story parking pedestal!! No, no, hold your applause, World. We're just humbly doing our part. :blink:

It is a nice building, though. Definately short n' stubby but very much Orlando-esque.

Maybe a better phrase to fit the buildings Orlando is producing: "stubby with style".

And of course typical of Orlando "high rises", it has the gimmick roof. Can't forget that. Every building has to have some architectural "gimmick" on top to make us think we're getting "real" architecture when in fact...

I like this one. Not so much the parking pedestal or how it protrudes into the half of the Orange Ave. facade, but I love Espirito Santo and this certainly reminds me of it. It seems like while BBArch was stealing architectual elements from Espirito Santo, they looked to its neighbor, The Four Seasons, and said "hey, let's take that handlebar roof element too."

The architecture is great and I really think that, if built, this building will really add to the ever developing Orlando skyline, but considering the current market conditions, do you think that Orlando can support yet another residential/office project? With the rising costs of realestate and construction driving the skyrocketing price of condos and apartments, I a doubt that this one will materialize. Look at the inactivity from Presidential and Sky Towers--two projects that have tested the market for months now.

This is just an observation and I hope that I am proven wrong. I'd love to see this one go up.

The architecture is great and I really think that, if built, this building will really add to the ever developing Orlando skyline, but considering the current market conditions, do you think that Orlando can support yet another residential/office project? With the rising costs of realestate and construction driving the skyrocketing price of condos and apartments, I a doubt that this one will materialize. Look at the inactivity from Presidential and Sky Towers--two projects that have tested the market for months now.

This is just an observation and I hope that I am proven wrong. I'd love to see this one go up.

good point, but we don't know that much about the developers of those two projects. By the same token, Vue, 55W, Paramount, Dynetech, Plaza, Sanctuary, Star, Eola South, and Jackson, were as old or older proposals that made it through. And Tradition is presently selling units. 101 will soon start selling units also. CNL II which was pure office space and 801 N. also made it through.

Also, 400 North, as far as I know, is being delayed mainly b/c of contract issues with EA TIb., and not b/c of the market issues. I could be wrong, though. And the City has been in negotiations with the Ivanhoe twins developer over putting in new street lighting at Park Lane and Orange and Magnolia, so that project is also still alive. Cambden Court is now U/C as well, which is mixed use.

Personally, I think its an odd proposal.

And of course typical of Orlando "high rises", it has the gimmick roof. Can't forget that. Every building has to have some architectural "gimmick" on top to make us think we're getting "real" architecture when in fact...

I'm not sure about Orlando's building codes, but in Seattle architecturally distinctive rooves are requirements for building approval. Get a look a their skyline and you'll see what I'm talking about. I would say that overall it make for a more intersting skyline that just a bunch of rectangular buildings.

I'm not sure about Orlando's building codes, but in Seattle architecturally distinctive rooves are requirements for building approval. Get a look a their skyline and you'll see what I'm talking about. I would say that overall it make for a more intersting skyline that just a bunch of rectangular buildings.

Yea, but people can't even fart in Seattle without having to ask the government.

and they have a height limit too because of boeing field (even though the limit is much higher) :P

Archived