126 Ottawa NW Makeover

GRDadof3

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Modernist style has its place and merits but not in a setting of older and much more ornate buildings such as this. I'm glad to see that cold and out of place Borg Cube being returned to somthing that is more fitting of its surroundings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow! That is alot of work they are putting into the new facade. I'm happy to see "The Borg Cube" look of old gone.

:rofl: That's hilarious. Yeah, I agree the new facade will look 100 times better and it's looks the there putting pots, or whatever they're really call them, on the there too.

I like the three arches that can be seen so far. I when back and looked at the rendering again. I like how the developers are taking care in fiting this building in with the rest on that block. Very Nice. I just wish all developers showed this kind of quality when building in any setting. I'm not saying that very building has to look the same. That would get very boring very quickly. But context around a building needs to be considered. If a group of buildings, even if each is of a different architectual style from one another, takes cues from each other such as height, window shapes, color, etc. Then a cohesive urban environment stands a good chance of taking shape or is maintained. In short, this renovation thus far is a text book example of maintaining an existing and already good urban environment.

I couldn't imagine. Has he even developed properties anywhere else but here?

Peter Island: www.peterisland.com (Now owned by the VanAndel's but was developed by both.)

Cape Eleuthera: www.capeeleuthera.com

Island School: www.islandschool.org

New Entertainment Facility in Orlando: news.pajamasmedia.com/entertainment/2006/09/30/11127897_Leaders_hail_agr.shtm

Center For Optimal Health, in CA: www.nutrilite.com/en-us/Science/NHI/COH/grand-opening.aspx?

Altera Nursing Homes: www.justkidding.com :)

Peter Island: www.peterisland.com (Now owned by the VanAndel's but was developed by both.)

Cape Eleuthera: www.capeeleuthera.com

Island School: www.islandschool.org

New Entertainment Facility in Orlando: news.pajamasmedia.com/entertainment/2006/09/30/11127897_Leaders_hail_agr.shtm

Center For Optimal Health, in CA: www.nutrilite.com/en-us/Science/NHI/COH/grand-opening.aspx?

Altera Nursing Homes: www.justkidding.com :)

All I got was some blog :wacko:

Archived