126 Ottawa NW Makeover

GRDadof3

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brickwork nearing done.

267088607_6967c5f93a.jpg

As with their new JW Marriott Hotel, work is progressing at a very quick pace. Very impressive especially when compared to the Art Museum, The stuff on Michigan St., Moch's tower etc.

Equally impressive, when I saw the first rendering I thought to myself "that looks like the work of Brian Barkwell at Via Design."

After enlarging GRDadof3's I see in fact it is indeed Via's work, consistently the coolest work in our marketplace.

What a huge improvement.

I think those urns are new, I don't recall seeing them in the renderings. Can anyone tell me about the choice of brick? Without being able to see it close up, it looks a little more rustic, for lack of a better word, than I expected. More mixed in color then I expected too. Maybe it's just because it hasn't been washed yet and I'm comparing to the Peninsula Club. I do think this facade is going to be a nice addtion to Ottawa.

Actually there isn't anything remarkable about it at all when you compare it to the art museum. They are two completely different construction methods. Apples to Oranges my friend.

Yeah, I don't get the comparison of this project to others downtown. All they're doing here is ripping off glass and replacing it with brick. It definitely will look nice, but it's hardly as complicated as the Art Museum or the Michigan Hill developments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived