121 room hotel next to Founders Plaza

beerbeer

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that. I think the people in Riverpoint need to be added to the "Naughty NIMBY" list I'm starting. They stiffle any development that comes close to them, they even made the hotel ditch the planned restaurant, a significant loss in my opinion.

I assume it will be much like the Sheraton that is already there... stand alone, very generic looking, surounded with surface parking, etc.

It would be nice if East Hartford developed their riverfront with more of an urban feel instead of an office park feel. Any word on Goodwin College's plans?

I assume it will be much like the Sheraton that is already there... stand alone, very generic looking, surounded with surface parking, etc.

It would be nice if East Hartford developed their riverfront with more of an urban feel instead of an office park feel.

I agree I think it is amazing about how one can go from the urban feel of downtown Hartford and then over one little bridge to a Corporate Ridge (Rocky Hill)/ Office Park scenario feel where there are not many people after 5 or on the weekends and I mean almost none unless there going to Great River Park b/c there are not even any restaurants over in that area....allright maybe 1 or 2 (including food at the Sheraton)

I read that. I think the people in Riverpoint need to be added to the "Naughty NIMBY" list I'm starting. They stiffle any development that comes close to them, they even made the hotel ditch the planned restaurant, a significant loss in my opinion.

Tycoon:

True... I mean, what will the GUESTS do for meals? Go to the RIVERPOINT and have the residents cook meals for them? First Merchants just lost business!! Where will the guests do --- go to MICKY'S OCEANIC GRILL? (No Offense to MICKY'S, but business people need a RESTAURANT to conduct business over.) There isn't any restaurant THERE!! (Hog Dog Ventors, yes)

The reason there are no other buildings there is because the residents of Riverpoint want that to be their own little exclusive area. They've fought tooth and nail every single thing that's come along in the last 15 years. Heaven forbid someone blocks their view of something...

The reason there are no other buildings there is because the residents of Riverpoint want that to be their own little exclusive area. They've fought tooth and nail every single thing that's come along in the last 15 years. Heaven forbid someone blocks their view of something...

MadVlad:

Of course, the Penthouses there are East Hartford's richest residences. I guess the people would want to see something for their views. Riverpoint (when it was built) was supposed to have two towers along with dock space. East Hartford still wanted it (the second tower) built a few years ago.

I few years ago, I was looking at a condo in Riverpoint (my ex gf, her sons and I) but I couldn't stand the ANTI-kids rules they had. It would have been nice, since I worked at Founder's Plaza.

JimS

East Hartford should commission some kind of master plan of how their riverfront should be developed and then follow it through over the next 50 years or however long it takes. It should include a riverfront, a street grid and desired building/business placement. This way, developers will have a loose "blueprint" to follow to make sure the area is successful. Its not successful when you have developers working independently with only their best interests in mind building stand alone buildings surrounded by surface parking.

It says that the shelved the plan to have a restaurant next to the hotel, but there could still be something inside the hotel, right? My wife works in Founders Plaza and they're none too pleased about this whole thing, but a different place to eat would be nice.

It says that the shelved the plan to have a restaurant next to the hotel, but there could still be something inside the hotel, right? My wife works in Founders Plaza and they're none too pleased about this whole thing, but a different place to eat would be nice.

What's the complaint? Are they opposed the the project or just kind of wary of more activity in the area?

Archived