Memorial Day Plans?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, TwoShort!

I have some dog-walking jobs over the MemDay holiday, so I won't be much in holiday mode. One of the unexpected benefits of this job is it gets me out of obligatory get-togethers with the in-laws! "Oh, sorry, I can't make that picnic, got work to do." heh heh heh

Errr, you didn't read that, TwoShort.

I think I'll go ahead and get married. Yeah, that sounds nice. :P

Congratulations, twoshort! That's something I have yet to do,

and at this stage in the game, most likely won't! Here's wishing

you both all the best. Cheers! :)

Memorial Day? Holland has a very cool, small town parade and memorial service in the cemetery to honor those who have fallen in service to our country. Followed by a backyard bar-b-que and a little hammock time -- drifting off while the Tigers are whupping up on the Yankees. Yeah...that'll do.

Congratulations, twoshort! :thumbsup:

As far as Memorial Weekend goes:

I will be heading up North (near Ludington) to relax at my folks cottage and put in their dock etc. I hope everyone else has a great weekend and enjoys the nice weather :yahoo:

I will be heading up North (near Ludington) to relax at my folks cottage and put in their dock etc. I hope everyone else has a great weekend and enjoys the nice weather :yahoo:

Dock's already in where we're going Geo. :D And the water just might reach 50 or 60 this weekend for some water skiing. I know, not very urban of me. :blush:

Dance camp. www.wheatlandmusic.org At least this year we won't all need fleece/wool/down equipment.

And on Sunday -- SUNDAY!!! -- I'll be at the Lovett Hall ballroom at Greenfield Village with a bunch of Civil War re-enactors for a traditional dance event.

Hey, I should look up a bike tour for Monday. Think there's a good one near the 313.

Friend has a sendoff party before he goes off for training in preparation for deployment in Iraq. Then it's up north the 24 Hours of Boyne mountain bike race. I've done it the past two years, but this time I'm just part of my friends' support team. I orginally from up there so it's convienient to visit my family as well.

-nb

Dock's already in where we're going Geo. :D And the water just might reach 50 or 60 this weekend for some water skiing. I know, not very urban of me. :blush:

I was "up north" a couple weekends ago doing some fishing and the water was 59. BRRR!!!

Its probably a lot warmer around here though.

And congratulations twoshort! :thumbsup:

Friend has a sendoff party before he goes off for training in preparation for deployment in Iraq.

I'm missing my buddy's. He just got back from a few weeks of training in Cali and he leaves next week for more training down south before taking off for for Iraq for a year or so. No fun.. Is your friend in the marine reserves?

Archived