Weybosset Fire

AriPVD

i just had this conversation (swear to cod) with a high level elected official last night and he said that Fox has been the laywer for Tomasso for years and does recuse himself a lot, so that's something. I know that RI is a small place, but how can we have so many people on boards and stuff who clearly have their fingers in too many other things...

How often does one have to recuse oneself before one is told that they should find another board to be on? Wouldn't he also have to recuse himself on any issue that was related to his business partner's business, i.e. things involving his competitors?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ari, could I get a list of these owners you are talking about for a future "issue" of ArtInRuins? I'd like to put some focus on some of these people who dont seem to have a plan to participate in downtown. At the very leasst, they sould make office space available for less than market rate to get a real mix of businesses downtown.

Case in point, FirstWorks Providence is in the last building standing at the Grants Block location (Westminster and Union St). They have a small piece of the fifth floor, and the fourth floor is empty... the third and second are near full, I think, but the ground floor retail is underutlized. Why would a business owner not make the most of their property? It's really nice inside, with some classic old details that would be even nicer if the owner gave a crap, or rented out the empty space to businesses who cant afford the Peerless.

At the moment I can think of the Projo Building, Kresge, the building that Axelrod was in at the top of Weybosset, and I'd like to find out if things are actually going on in those buildings that we may not know about.

It's even worse when the owner is a tax-exempt institution: the Sears building on North Main own (was Lifespan and now Brown, I think ).

How often does one have to recuse oneself before one is told that they should find another board to be on? Wouldn't he also have to recuse himself on any issue that was related to his business partner's business, i.e. things involving his competitors?

good question. i think the rule is that if you can directly benefit with actual cash dollars, from the decision rendered, then you recuse yourself. which is why it "pays" to be a impoverished non profit tree planting urban environmental advocategirl--there are NO decisions that impact me financially. :lol: Unfortunately!

i think the rule is that if you can directly benefit with actual cash dollars, from the decision rendered, then you recuse yourself.

or if it cannot be proven that such benefit could have been realized during the period of representation beyond a reasonable doubt, RI has lived up to its reputation yet again.

:rolleyes:

JCS, has the tree deadline passed? I've been busy but I believe I have 4 other families...

or if it cannot be proven that such benefit could have been realized during the period of representation beyond a reasonable doubt, RI has lived up to its reputation yet again.

:rolleyes:

JCS, has the tree deadline passed? I've been busy but I believe I have 4 other families...

June 1 postmarked is good enough.

So my tenants reported that some mystery lady came by and mulched our tree yesterday. (Savages!) Does Ms Coleslaw know anything about this or is it just that I am such a derelict homeowner that other people on the street are taking pity on my poor neglected street tree. There was another lady taking pictures of every house on the street as well. Prolly just one of Paolinos henchman scouting out a new lot.

So my tenants reported that some mystery lady came by and mulched our tree yesterday. (Savages!) Does Ms Coleslaw know anything about this or is it just that I am such a derelict homeowner that other people on the street are taking pity on my poor neglected street tree. There was another lady taking pictures of every house on the street as well. Prolly just one of Paolinos henchman scouting out a new lot.

Possibly for the CNU conference???

if your tree is at least 4 years old, then it is being mulched as a Raleigh Fund For Providence project (the tree care part of the PNPP). The pictues, though, i don't know what is up with that. However, considering the neighborhood i'd say "scouting for movies."

As to the picures, perhaps udpates for the tax assessor's website?

via email:

Two Fundraisers to help the Staff of Downcity

First one this Thursday from 6pm -?

Join Kitty Litter and BB Hayes

Icon Cafe

166 Valley Street

Providence RI 02909

861-4266

Second one is Sunday June 25th

Kitty Litter - BB Hayes- Sabrina Blaze -LaDiva Jonz

Host A Night of Unity! Lets help each other!

Hi-Hat

3 Davol Sq

Providence RI 02903

4pm- 9pm

If you would like to help out with talent or prizes please contact Stephen

Hartley ( Kitty ) at

[email protected] or call 401-595-1966

• 2 weeks later...

Fox aside, I'd like to know if anyone has an update on American Apparel... they still dont seem open. The last time they were mentioned in the press was the Projo May 24, 2006.

Any news?

My friend told me that his friend that worked there officially got laid off last week.

Archived