Brush Park advertising on radio?

MJLO

Ok so i'm sitting in my AZ house listening to WWJ on the computer, and I keep hearing advertisements for Brush Park. What is the deal, is there a neighborhood association, or did some big developer buy out most of the houses and is trying to market the neighborhood? Either way I thought it was cool. At some point as the city keeps getting better, something is going to have to change. The population will start to rise again, at some point i'm sure of it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crosswinds has been building condos in the neighborhood for several years now. The city has also required them to refurbish as many of the historic homes as possible. In another 5 to 10 years the neighborhood will be completely gentrified. (Well, aside from the low-income housing near I-75, but a mixed-income neighborhood is always better!:))

I can't wait until we actually start filling those vacant lots in Brush Park. The first step is to renovate the old houses. The next is to put in more infill. Hopefully the developer will make the architecture mix in with the neighborhood. I am looking for the neighborhood to be totally gentrified within 10 years. With the Cass Corridor and Brush Park redeveloped, that will make all areas bordering Downtown gentrified except the West Riverfront and the Western part of Downtown.

What is it with the 60's. Name one good thing that came out of the 60's in terms of Architecture, Civil engineering, Civil Planning, or Urban renewal. The 60's suck! Took a big Chunk of GR and made it boring as hell.

Archived