A Walkable City

'bout time..... I hope they have the vision to look pretty much from the West End, to the River, to the North Meadows, to the South Meadows.............

Hartford to Unveil "Walkable" City Plan

May 24, 2006 07:18 AM EDT

HARTFORD -- The city of Hartford is releasing its plans Wednesday for attracting people to the downtown area after the work day is over.

The latest idea is to make downtown a "walkable" city, with Trumbull Street being the first part of this area to see some of the changes.

There's a meeting Wednesday morning where city planners will unveil what Trumbull Street will someday look like. The plans will include wider sidewalks, decorative lighting and additional landscaping.

It's all designed to make it easier for people to get around on foot which planners hope will make Hartford more of a thriving city.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see all the threads going off topic with Utopia talk.

Oh please no! :wacko:

I'm pleased that for the most part, as charged as the topic is, the Utopia talk has been relatively civil, but let's try to contain it to that thread.

Archived