Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xyhamiltonboi

Decker Blvd/Woodfield Park

9 posts in this topic

I wanted to start this topic for anyone who has information on what's going on with the planning of the focus on the rebirth of Decker Blvd. Does anyone know what's going on?

I couldn't find the other thread we had going about Decker on here, so here's the latest.

This week, a master plan to redevelop the Decker Boulevard and Woodfield Park areas dubbed the Renaissance Plan will be revealed to the public. Planners and consultants have come to the conclusion that big-box retail is unfeasible for the area, and smaller businesses and new homes will be key in the area's revitalization.

The Renaissance plan, which does not have an estimated cost, includes:

Sounds like a good plan to me :) Anything that will make Decker Blvd less sketchy is a good thing.

I would like to see that area emerge from decline, but I really remain pessimistic. I agree with the consultants for once. It's dead.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Good news for the area:

- Proposed $7.5 million hotel is being considered at I-77 and Two Notch Road. This hotel could kick off a few redevelopment projects. The hotel is to be branded Marriott's Fairfield Inn & Suites.

- The Columbia Plaza Hotel formerly known as Ramada Plaza Hotel will rebrand in Spring 2007 as Holiday Inn after a multimillion dollar renovation.

- Advanced Auto Parts will relocate to a new location being constructred directly in front of Columbia Place Mall where the former Pizza Hut stood.