Iceland MotoPark

Iceland MotoPark

The main designer is Marko Bowen who has designed courses in Dubai and is working on renevating the Silverstone course. Bowen

says the main objective of the Iceland Moto Park is to increase tourism into the country.

The project will include a hotel, restaurtants, cinemas, night clubs, health clubs, conference halls. The looks of all buildings will

have references to Formula 1 cars. “I see the potential of organizing major auto tournaments on the course in the future,” said

Bowen. Around the course a urban area of around 5 - 8.000 people is planned. The project will be built in stages, with

construction star in the end of 2006. The 370 hectare large project will be built near the city of Keflav

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the design of those buildings. They say no to typical Euro glass/metal modernism while still keeping the glass and metal and the modernism. It's not easy to pull that off!

PLUS.. they're not sticking it in the middle of a historical block of buildings. Hooray for Iceland!

• 3 months later...

How did I miss this ? Thanks for posting this Christian. Great for Iceland ! This is one of the coolest projects I have ever seen. Great location for Formula 1 racing. Welcome to the year 2025; that's unbelievable looking architecture. Living next to that track on race day would be whack!!! Looking forward to seeing the race on TV one day!

• 1 month later...

Wow, it seems that the 21st Century is starting to define itself, at least architecturally. Is this the earliest expression of an organically-shaped Post-Post Modernism? I've actually been to Iceland. It's sort of bleak.

Iceland MotoPark

The main designer is Marko Bowen who has designed courses in Dubai and is working on renevating the Silverstone course. Bowen

says the main objective of the Iceland Moto Park is to increase tourism into the country.

The project will include a hotel, restaurtants, cinemas, night clubs, health clubs, conference halls. The looks of all buildings will

have references to Formula 1 cars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived