Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

COMPLETE: The Old Public Safety Surface Lot

918 posts in this topic

Call me crazy, but I like it.

Of course, if 15 stories is the best we can do in that area of the city, we're never going to get that gas station built on -- not anything of note, anyway. Which is a pity, because I think that is just the perfect site for a (full-size!) Providence version of Atlanta's Westin Peachtree. :rofl:

i wonder if the park on top of the garage would be public

Is anyone hearing rumors for the flagship tenant of the project?!!?

Is it still Blue Cross Blue Shield?

I think TPGs official word is that it is speculative construction but that they are in negotiations with possible tenants, which is probably mostly accurate.

I think TPGs official word is that it is speculative construction but that they are in negotiations with possible tenants, which is probably mostly accurate.

TD Banknorth has been snooping around Pvd..... :whistling:

I used a TD Banknorth ATM when I was on the Cape and not only did they not charge me a foreign ATM Fee (maybe it's the SUM Network) but they gave me 10s. I love getting 10s from the ATM. :)

I used a TD Banknorth ATM when I was on the Cape and not only did they not charge me a foreign ATM Fee (maybe it's the SUM Network) but they gave me 10s. I love getting 10s from the ATM. :)

Did anyone notice in the site plan that it shows and mentions a "historic wall" in the middle of the building which is curved? What would this be?

The back part of the building (facing the library) is structured parking and in the rendering is a framed grid of some material (concrete?, stauxn?). In my opinion, it has a bland repetitive look similar to that of the facade of the Civic Center parking garage or really any parking garage built in that time period. Perhaps they could use the existing Public Safety wall for the exterior of that portion of the building?

I still have a Banknorth account from my time in Worcester. My sister works for them and I've always nagged her that they don't have any branches in RI but are moving out as far as New Jersey. I'd love to not have to go to N. Attleboro to deposit a check.

I also found it strange that there's only two TD BankNorth ATMs in all of Boston, and neither is anywhere near the "TD BankNorth" Garden. You'd think they'd pop some ATMs around there..

I still have a Banknorth account from my time in Worcester. My sister works for them and I've always nagged her that they don't have any branches in RI but are moving out as far as New Jersey. I'd love to not have to go to N. Attleboro to deposit a check.

I also found it strange that there's only two TD BankNorth ATMs in all of Boston, and neither is anywhere near the "TD BankNorth" Garden. You'd think they'd pop some ATMs around there..

sovereign atm's allow you to withdraw multiples of 10. it's so much nicer that way.

unless I am missing some TD Banknorth is in CT, MA, ME, NH, VT, NY, PA, and NJ. So they have all of new england and the tri-state area except for RI, does that make it more possible, and is there any reason why it has/is taking so long? Is it the that there is no room with citizens/boa/soveriegn?

Did anyone notice in the site plan that it shows and mentions a "historic wall" in the middle of the building which is curved? What would this be?

You people have to work this week. How barbaric!

I was at Logan the other day and used a Citizens ATM there. I was surprised that the Fast Cash amount was $50 instead of 60. I got 2 20s and a 10.

Don't forget ( from what I have been told ) it looks like WaterPlace is going to build an office building on the back of the lot behind the condo towers.

TD Banknorth has been snooping around Pvd..... :whistling:

Yes, that would be parts (not actually explained which parts) of the original facade reassembled in some fashion (exactly what fashion was not explained) inside the Food Court.

I really don't care if the building comes down as long as something good goes in its place. The Public Safety Building doesn't really do a whole lot for me. Really, just this detail on Fountain is worth much in my mind.

pubsafefacade.jpg

Of course having it hidden on Fountain doesn't make much sense, so I'd like to see it moved to the LaSalle Square side of the garage structure. I could see it being the main entrance for a restaurant off the square. I thought maybe it could be moved to Broadway and be the main entrance to the office building itself, but it is not really large enough for that. Here's a very crude mock up of what it could look like on the LaSalle Square facade.

eab-rendering_with_ps_facad.jpg

I'd recycle stone from the rest of the building to finish that facade with ample windows (it would be nice to have all floors facing the square occupied rather than being a garage behind a facade). The use more of the stone along the other sides (Fountain and Green) of the garage in a more modern vertical orientation interspersed with whatever screening the garage needs. I'm not liking the horizontal lines on the garage or the base of the tower. I would not use the recycled stone or similar looking stauxn on the rest of the building (the woer portion), I'd rather they (the garage and the tower) appear to be seperate buildings. That could mean changing the detail stauxn on the tower to brick, or to some other stone/stauxn like perhaps what is seen on the Citizens building.

^I think I like that idea. I agree completely that the garage and tower should look like seperate buildings.

On a totally unrelated note, what is the tall building in the background of that rendering supposed to represent?

how is stauxn pronounced? is it like faux? so it sounds like stone but just looks really stupid? :lol:

how is stauxn pronounced? is it like faux? so it sounds like stone but just looks really stupid? :lol:

^I think I like that idea. I agree completely that the garage and tower should look like seperate buildings.

On a totally unrelated note, what is the tall building in the background of that rendering supposed to represent?

the EDC recently updated their description of this project:

was:

"development of a 500,000 s.f., 22 story office tower, 522 space parking garage, 25,000 s.f. reatil"

now:

"development of a 500,000 s.f., 20 story office tower, 325,000-350,000 s.f. office space & parking garage for 440 cars."

nothing earth shattering, just though to pass on the update...