COMPLETE: The Old Public Safety Surface Lot

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hm.... well cotuity said it will be noticeable skyline change, so I'm guessing it isn't mass transit. I do know that a few people have said that we should expect a new office building soon... so I'm hoping it's that... I just wish it'd be 500+ :(

hm.... well cotuity said it was skyline altering so I'm guessing it isn't mass transit. I do know that a few people have said that we should expect a new office building soon... so I'm hoping it's that... I just wish it'd be 500+ :(

No, not 500 ft.

6. 190 Dyer Street - proposal for 210' to 230' office tower. Expect plans to go public in the new year.

8. Preliminary plans for a 180 to 200 foot building next to the Majestic Garage at the location of the old McDonald's.

Thom gave us these 2 hints last year.... but I dont know if these locations are "downtown".. so i'm gonna go get google earth :)

Mikey - I'm with you man, this sucks!

OK - it's not condos and I highly doubt it's more hotel rooms (so many being added now with more already in design) so it has to be commercial. If it's commercial there is no way it's spec, which means its either a large company moving into downtown or an existing RI based company moving downtown. Brooks is buidling big down in EG/WW line, so how about CVS. They're still growing with the recent Albertsons (i think) pahrmacy purchase. Fideltiy is big Smithfield, but maybe, just maybe they will consolidate the HQ from MA to Providence.

I'll guess CVS first, then Fidelity, then a company not yet known to be considering relocating. To be honest, if it's a significant commercial move, I really need to know ASAP in order to include it in some business meetings (to drum up more business for RI).

I'll guess CVS first,

CVS was looking about 5-10 years ago and settled on remaining in woonsocket, they made a significant addition to their existing HQ and at last check they had plenty of room to grow.

Fidelity or Met Life, or Blue Cross would be good guesses

Hey, don't go mental on us :rofl:

Hardy harr harr. Sure make jokes - just because you know more than us about this - you were dying to know as much as we are before you fianlly found out! I'll have my day - just you watch mmmwwwwaaahhaaahhhhhaaaa

CVS was looking about 5-10 years ago and settled on remaining in woonsocket, they made a significant addition to their existing HQ and at last check they had plenty of room to grow.

Fidelity or Met Life, or Blue Cross would be good guesses

thanks for deflating what I thought was a good guess, Rick! Met Life perhaps - a sensible consolidation actually. I'm hoping it's a HQ though - something that will generate at least modest business travel outside the region... :D

thanks for deflating what I thought was a good guess, Rick! Met Life perhaps - a sensible consolidation actually. I'm hoping it's a HQ though - something that will generate at least modest business travel outside the region... :D

Well we gotta figure this one out for ourselves it seems, little do they know what you can use the information for!

If y'all want to see more airplanes buzzing around RI, someone tell Mental757!

Well on the building height thread there is one shown as 320' and is labeled as "???". It also fits the description.

OK, I just saw this too. 320 feet - thats real nice, but that simply confirms my feeling thast its not Condos or Hotel, which adds to my desire to know what commercial entity is part of this development. The hush-hush about this feeds that thought as well.

Do you know something we don't? GIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, you all know that there are specific plans to build stuff at the airport - nothing new there... :shades:

I think I know who the company is!!!!! :silly: It's got to be RI Blue Cross/Blue Sheild. They've been saying they need to consolidate all their offices into one building and they'd like to stay in the city. Well I think the mayor convince them to stay after they thought about a suburban office. I think I've guessed right. ;)

well, if you're right, we can still hold out for the future Citizens and CVS towers then...

I'm burnt out trying to guess - I'll check back tomorrow...

The Citizens rumor started when their chairman said he possible wanted to do something along the waterfront.

I'm getting a feeling that all this buildup is going to leave me disappointed when I find out whatever this is

Well, I've said it's not gigantic. I do feel it is good news on several fronts though.

Archived