COMPLETE: The Old Public Safety Surface Lot

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look on the Grants block thread there are two links of a project going out to bid but supposedly there is an 18 story mixed use that is NOT grants block... could this be the mystery project?

There are project IDs:

409040: Parcel 12

220244: Belmonte

490912: Metro Lofts (Almost positive here, some correct me if I am wrong)

someone on here said they worked for Citizens in the past... and said when they make a big decision, its kept hush hush right up until everything is all set

That was me, and it was always that way. There would be a small inner circle who knew what was up and then the rest of us worker bees would get blindsided with stuff.

Here's my calculated guess:

1. Where: Public Safety complex

2. What: 20-25 story tower, mixed-use with offices on the lower floors and rental apartments (not condos) above, preserving some of the shell/facade at the lower levels, similar to the Masonic Temple strategy

3. Who: Prime Tenant = GSA

Thom alluded earlier to their wanting to relocate their Boston offices to Providence and linking them up with a private developer. That would mean hundreds more white collar workers downtown.

If that's not it, I guess Mrs. Peacock in the Dining Room with the Candlestick.

Here's my calculated guess:

1. Where: Public Safety complex

2. What: 20-25 story tower, mixed-use with offices on the lower floors and rental apartments (not condos) above, preserving some of the shell/facade at the lower levels, similar to the Masonic Temple strategy

3. Who: Prime Tenant = GSA

Thom alluded earlier to their wanting to relocate their Boston offices to Providence and linking them up with a private developer. That would mean hundreds more white collar workers downtown.

If that's not it, I guess Mrs. Peacock in the Dining Room with the Candlestick.

Wow. That's a very precise guess, couldn't say if you're right or not though. Anyone who was there that night can appreciate Cotuit's commitment to keeping the secret. I think he deserves an official thank you. Thank you. I do wonder what's up with the announcement delay.

OK, I'm to the point that I don't care so much where and how tall, but if it will be a commercial entity moving into the area or an existing RI company consolidating downtown. Can we know that much at this point???

If you tell me it's a new company to the area, then I'll feel better about waiting another week - I just don't want to be disappointed...

4. former public safety - WE are negotiating the development agreement. As we get final language expect an announcement. We must sell the property by June 15, so something will go public before then.

I'm thinking Xine guessed it right...

Well if you look through the beuilding height rank thread you see the orgional keeps being updated, because if you look further, you can see that the origional that was quoted is different from the updated on on page one.

The new one shows a 205' (unfortunately short) Public safety complex tower.

As for the GSA, wasnt there some issue that they'd want goverment land since they are a govt entity, thus the land would be transferred rather than purchased?

Well if you look through the beuilding height rank thread you see the orgional keeps being updated, because if you look further, you can see that the origional that was quoted is different from the updated on on page one.

The new one shows a 205' (unfortunately short) Public safety complex tower.

:whistling:

OK - so we've made some progress - still dying to know if it will involve a commercial aspect - not asking for the specific company - but will the building be (mostly?) for a commercial consolidation or relocation???

The primary tenant will not be new to Rhode Island.

Thanks - although that statement can be leave a lot of 'in-between' diologue - it sets my path in regards to the upcoming business meetings I have...

There will be speculative space, and there's no way yet to know if that will be new to RI or RI businesses moving.

I think I know who the company is!!!!! :silly: It's got to be RI Blue Cross/Blue Sheild. They've been saying they need to consolidate all their offices into one building and they'd like to stay in the city. Well I think the mayor convince them to stay after they thought about a suburban office. I think I've guessed right. ;)

I hope I'm wrong on this because it will create a lot of empty office space. BC/BS is in several buildings downtown.

There will be speculative space, and there's no way yet to know if that will be new to RI or RI businesses moving.

Of course - but one can hope that there is at least a solid lead on some of that space!

do I dare ask about the true mystery??? ("320 feet ???")

If the company's not going to be new to RI, then it's gotta be the good old Citizens tower we've all been talkin about.

Off topic question: do fast food franchises have corporate headquarters or no because they're franchises? How perfect would it be for Dunkin Donuts to have a corporate HQ downtown in the city with the most donut shops per capita in the country...

The members of this forum created the Citizens rumor. :ph34r:

That rumour had a genesis elsewhere.

Off topic question: do fast food franchises have corporate headquarters or no because they're franchises? How perfect would it be for Dunkin Donuts to have a corporate HQ downtown in the city with the most donut shops per capita in the country...

Dunkin Donuts is owned by a larger corporation, Allied Domecq.

Archived