COMPLETE: The Old Public Safety Surface Lot

Off topic question: do fast food franchises have corporate headquarters or no because they're franchises? How perfect would it be for Dunkin Donuts to have a corporate HQ downtown in the city with the most donut shops per capita in the country...

yes they do. well, ok, i don't know about the others, but subway does. it's in milford, CT (i tried to get a job there). they have to have some sort of base for their support (some do proprietary POS or have in-house IT to help troubleshoot their POS systems) and for franchise sales. subway's headquarters is pretty good sized (of course it's one of the largest franchises in the world, i think they #1 in sales of all franchises).

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK - I want to continue to play the game:

Companies already in RI that could be moving/consolidating:

CVS - RLucas seems pretty sure they're all set in thier digs up in Woonsocket

MetLife - not much discussion with these guys yet - could be them

Citizens - clearly been stated its not them

Hasbro - perhaps looking to move??

BCBS - been mentioned and seems in need of consolidation

I'd say Fidelity but they are heavily invested in Lincoln.

Who have we missed??

OK - I want to continue to play the game:

Companies already in RI that could be moving/consolidating:

CVS - RLucas seems pretty sure they're all set in thier digs up in Woonsocket

MetLife - not much discussion with these guys yet - could be them

Citizens - clearly been stated its not them

Hasbro - perhaps looking to move??

BCBS - been mentioned and seems in need of consolidation

I'd say Fidelity but they are heavily invested in Lincoln.

Who have we missed??

i actually would not be surprised if it is fidelity. have they even begun work on expanding hteir campus for the employees they're moving in from boston? if not, maybe the "campus expansion" is to providence, temporarily using the building by the train station until their new building is complete (although, why would they build new when they could just buy the building by the station?).

so what other rumors are out there about Providence?

go to craigslist... i think someone always posts rumors about how people are shot weekly in the armory... :lol:

I feel strongly about the citizens rumor.... but here is a question for their former emplyee... (forgive me I forgot your name) What do you think it will take for them to announce their plans?? Another acquisition, or do they just need some time to plan. As far as the term "waterfront campus" goes.. if they built on that surface parking behind the current HQ.. they could building 2 towers with offices, parking, restaurants, penthouses, etc.. with both towers being between 250-350 feet. The towers could be built away fron the waterfront to allow a riverwalk/park/campus type deal. This all depends on how much they grow from now until their announcement, but that surface parking bounded by those two rivers is really a huge area... I could see why they might be able to call plans to build on that a waterfront campus

I feel strongly about the citizens rumor.... but here is a question for their former emplyee... (forgive me I forgot your name) What do you think it will take for them to announce their plans?? Another acquisition, or do they just need some time to plan. As far as the term "waterfront campus" goes.. if they built on that surface parking behind the current HQ.. they could building 2 towers with offices, parking, restaurants, penthouses, etc.. with both towers being between 250-350 feet. The towers could be built away fron the waterfront to allow a riverwalk/park/campus type deal. This all depends on how much they grow from now until their announcement, but that surface parking bounded by those two rivers is really a huge area... I could see why they might be able to call plans to build on that a waterfront campus

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...opic=16160&st=0

OK, time for my official guess piecing together clues scattered throught the forum

Site: Public Safety Complex/Power Block

What: two towers, 150' and 205'

Use: One will be commercial, one will be residental/retail (spa or fitness center type?)

Tenant: Blue Cross/ Blue Sheild

Otherwise Miss Scarlett in the Library with the knife (copying someone else's joke)

That rumour had a genesis elsewhere.

Dunkin Donuts is owned by a larger corporation, Allied Domecq.

It's not a tower for Citizens?! Cotuit is a mad, mean-spirited fellow I must say.

A. Dq. is happy up in Norwood, MA. They thoroughly enjoy chilling up there in the 'burbs laughing at how much they're making everywhere off $2 Joes.

Cotuit,

Since Frankie has confirmed that the 320 foot is not "the rumor", could you provide us with more detail about the 320 foot building???

I'm sure I don't know anything about that rumor. I think.

AAAWWW CMON NOW!! you can't post that on the height rank thread and just walk away. What is this, UP gorilla warfare? :blink:

yes, giant apes will be running around squashing all rumors, including the one about how OTW will actually be built, and end with climbing the superman building.

yes, giant apes will be running around squashing all rumors, including the one about how OTW will actually be built, and end with climbing the superman building.

:rofl: My friends and I wanted to do something like that for Provflux this week. We would show up in some very public place like Kennedy Plaza or Turk's Head dressed in ape costumes and divide into Blue and Red teams (with bandanas, of course). Then the gorilla war would begin and we'd start throwing bananas at each other and getting bystanders involved in the war. Someone would have a boombox to blast songs involving the word "banana" - Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl, Bananaphone by Raffi, etc. Once we realized how expensive gorilla suits are, we weren't so set on doing it. Unless anyone here has access to gorilla suits and wants to get into a street brawl with me...

:rofl: My friends and I wanted to do something like that for Provflux this week. We would show up in some very public place like Kennedy Plaza or Turk's Head dressed in ape costumes and divide into Blue and Red teams (with bandanas, of course). Then the gorilla war would begin and we'd start throwing bananas at each other and getting bystanders involved in the war. Someone would have a boombox to blast songs involving the word "banana" - Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl, Bananaphone by Raffi, etc. Once we realized how expensive gorilla suits are, we weren't so set on doing it. Unless anyone here has access to gorilla suits and wants to get into a street brawl with me...

bananphone is raffi??? that song with the stupid dancing banana?

I may have more to spill before the weekend is out. And some visuals of another rumor... :whistling:

Spill away! :)

Who would have thought 5 years ago that Providence would see the amount of development and re-development that its' seeing today? Things are really taking off now!

Archived