COMPLETE: The Old Public Safety Surface Lot

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, the first hints of this rumor I could find is:

A) Hilton Hotel additon

That's a different rumor. But seems likely.

b) Citizens Tower

That's an old rumor, I've heard nothing new on this in about a year I think. "The Rumor" is not Citizens.

More condos?

It seems the condo market has temporarily cooled.

Can we get an idea where it would fit in the height ranking? (between what 2 buildings?)

Has anyone checked the height ranking thread lately?

4. former public safety - WE are negotiating the development agreement. As we get final language expect an announcement. We must sell the property by June 15, so something will go public before then.

Found that quote in the building height rank... the timeline seems feasible....hmmmm

Id still like a height figure 300+ or 400+ (less than 300' is not a noticeable skyline addition IMHO, just a desity filler)

It's probably got something to do with either the Fogarty bldg. or the old Police/Fire complex.

I was thinking of the safety complex. I think the Fogarty building is going to remain the way it is for the most part, with a restaurant or something on the ground level. The safety complex has a pretty big footprint.

Well on the building height thread there is one shown as 320' and is labeled as "???". It also fits the description.

Whats interesting though, is i cant imagine it being another condo project, meaning it'd either a hotel or office space, or some type of mixed use. Wasn't a Hyatt hotel discussed at some point? Hyatt is a name lacking in the Providence area.

is this a serious project or something that may take months to approve and maybe like 4 years to be completed?

It is serious, it will need to go through design review after the 5th. It probably won't be breaking ground until the end of the year at the earliest.

1. Does this involve R.R. and/or him selling his rights to develop a certain parcel?

Who?

2. If someone on this board correctly identifies the rumor. then would you confirm it?

No. But it may be able to be disclosed before the 5th.

Throw in some back yard breeders of puppies and kittens and you've pretty much hit the jackpot.

With Walmart that's a given isn't it?

this is the most evil thread ever.... :cry:

Hey, this was open information if you happened to be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. You have only yourself to blame for that. :whistling:

But you're absolutely right that Mr Cotuit is having a great deal of amusement at your expense. Evil? You know it! :rofl:

Archived