COMPLETE: The Old Public Safety Surface Lot

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boy, I'm going to have to print that post daily at the rate it keeps changing. I see what was 320 is now 340. Was the "299 ft Atwells Parcel" on there earlier this week. I'm losing track!!! Again - ww can expect an announcement for the public safety complex site that includes 2 towers (1 = 205, and 1 = 150 feet). Now there is the 340 footer, and yet another one? Which one MIGHT you have a rendering of. Not asking to divulge anything more than that right now mind you - just trying to keep all these rumors straight or seperate, or something...

EDIT:

OK - i just found the other thread about the Atwells parcel and I'll assume that is the one you might have renderings of soon.

so correct me if I'm wrong:

1) Public Safety site - 2 towers to be announced as early as Monday

2) 340 footer

3) Atwells parcel - 299 ft residential tower possible renderings as soon as this weekend - what of an announcement?

please - are there others? This is nuts! (in a very good way)

please - are there others? This is nuts! (in a very good way)

I'm hoping that the 340 footer and the saftey complex (supposedly "the rumor") both add significant office space to the city... As nice as 110, Waterplace, and Westin 2 are, they are not adding too many jobs. I wouldn't mind if every one of these rumors end up being condos, as they add to the vibrancy of the city, but I think the city sorely needs some new head of household type jobs downtown.

I'm hoping that the 340 footer and the saftey complex (supposedly "the rumor") both add significant office space to the city... As nice as 110, Waterplace, and Westin 2 are, they are not adding too many jobs. I wouldn't mind if every one of these rumors end up being condos, as they add to the vibrancy of the city, but I think the city sorely needs some new head of household type jobs downtown.

It can lead for a very nice cycle:

More office space means, we need more condo's, more condo's mean more workers, which leads to mroe office space, which leads back to more condos and so on.

It can lead for a very nice cycle:

More office space means, we need more condo's, more condo's mean more workers, which leads to mroe office space, which leads back to more condos and so on.

that assumes that businesses move into the office space.

I hope to have a rendering for the rumor, and for the Atwells Parcel.

I love that we have a 7 page thread for a project that few are really sure what it is yet. :lol:

Well now we have 2 rumors.... the 2 towered public safety complex and the mysterious 340 footer....so which rumor is it for? Care to share where we may find clues on the 340' rumor?

I'm loving the suspense all this is causing. I haven't been this excited since the Day of Announcements last February. :D

Speaking of which... Cotuit, if you don't mind me asking, how does this rush of rumored proposals compare to the rush of announcements a year ago, assuming all come to fruition?

I don't know if it's already been mentioned in this string but the city is announcing on Monday that The Procaccianti Group has been named as the developer of the former Police/Fire building on LaSalle Square.

By the way, this building is currently open to intruders, noticed recently the side enterance on the library side of the building has a door length window smashed out next to a door. I'm sure they have squatters in there.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned in this string but the city is announcing on Monday that The Procaccianti Group has been named as the developer of the former Police/Fire building on LaSalle Square.

By the way, this building is currently open to intruders, noticed recently the side enterance on the library side of the building has a door length window smashed out next to a door. I'm sure they have squatters in there.

To clarify, the plans for the building will be announced on Monday. The developer rights were transferred a while back.

The former public safety building is to be sold on Monday, June 5th to TPG. As part of the sales a development agreement will be signed that requires the developer to submit plans for approval within the next six months for a 480,000 square foot office building which will include 550+/- parking spaces and 25,000 to 50,000 square feet of ground floor retail space. Very preliminary schematic plans will be available sometime this week. The building is proposed as a glass curtail wall and is in the 300+ range. Tenant will not be announced at this time as negotiations are still ongoing. As in any development deal, plans may change, but this is it as of the last draft of the development agreement that I looked at yesterday.

The former public safety building is to be sold on Monday, June 5th to TPG. As part of the sales a development agreement will be signed that requires the developer to submit plans for approval within the next six months for a 480,000 square foot office building which will include 550+/- parking spaces and 25,000 to 50,000 square feet of ground floor retail space. Very preliminary schematic plans will be available sometime this week. The building is proposed as a glass curtail wall and is in the 300+ range.

Very exciting news!! I can't wait to see a render...

The former public safety building is to be sold on Monday, June 5th to TPG. As part of the sales a development agreement will be signed that requires the developer to submit plans for approval within the next six months for a 480,000 square foot office building which will include 550+/- parking spaces and 25,000 to 50,000 square feet of ground floor retail space. Very preliminary schematic plans will be available sometime this week. The building is proposed as a glass curtail wall and is in the 300+ range. Tenant will not be announced at this time as negotiations are still ongoing. As in any development deal, plans may change, but this is it as of the last draft of the development agreement that I looked at yesterday.

Very detailed guess about the Rumor Thom! :lol:

The building is proposed as a glass curtail wall.....

Aww. Can't say it's unexpected but I was kinda hoping that wouldn't be the case. Hopefully they will, at least, offer a unique design to compensate for it. Either way, this is precisely what we need there and as long as it doesn't take away from the quality of our skyline, I'm totally behind it.

Aww. Can't say it's unexpected but I was kinda hoping that wouldn't be the case. Hopefully they will, at least, offer a unique design to compensate for it. Either way, this is precisely what we need there and as long as it doesn't take away from the quality of our skyline, I'm totally behind it.

well a few years ago, a glass building would have really stood out, however, now with G-tech and hopefully 110, i think there will be enough glass to really ballance out the city and hopefully make it look more modern.

Also so now according to this latest development, plus the updated building height rank, we have 3 heights for the old public safety complex, 150', 205' and im assuming the 340'. Are we looking at multiple towers? or one building with multiple roof heights? (assuming the building height rank thread is correct)

Also so now according to this latest development, plus the updated building height rank, we have 3 heights for the old public safety complex, 150', 205' and im assuming the 340'. Are we looking at multiple towers? or one building with multiple roof heights? (assuming the building height rank thread is correct)

Someone earlier hinted that we might see one tower instead of the twins...

Someone earlier hinted that we might see one tower instead of the twins...

Yea....ill go for a 150' + 205 = 355'!

I definately like idea idea of it being the proc. group and then having deadlines like they did with the westin II, I remember there was a lot of hesitation with the state because of the groups default in the early 1990's, but i think they definately proved themselves with the ability to get westin II moving as quickly as they did....no we just need to get 110 rolling...

Archived