Hartford Making a Comeback

HartfordTycoon

Here's one sure to make you feel warm and fuzzy. :D

Hartford Making A Comeback

Hartford - Signs of progress on the new Hartford 21 building. Workers are busy putting finishing touches on the outside of the building. When it opens in the fall the 36 story tower will be the tallest residential tower in New England.

The Hartford 21 project is just one of the many projects taking place in the Capital city and that renaissance has more people wanting to live in downtown, but some are having a tough time finding an apartment.

The Hartford skyline looks different today than it did just a couple years ago. Fuller, more complete, with new apartment buildings like Hartford 21 going up and older buildings filling up.

Lisa David manages property at Morgan in the Park where there's a waiting list to get in.

"We've had a tremendous increase in demand in all of our properties and we're very excited about it," says David.

WFSB Report

From the end of the piece, "How much of a comeback has Hartford made? David (Morgan on the Park Prop. Mngr.) says all of the apartment buildings downtown are at or above 95% capacity."

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how soon it will be before we see a condo boom in Hartford like they have over in Providence... If only the city could attract more businesses, too. You're not going to become a national powerhouse with only condos, and I think Hartford has much more potential than any other medium sized city in New England to do that.

Lisa David manages property at Morgan in the Park where there's a waiting list to get in.

"We've had a tremendous increase in demand in all of our properties and we're very excited about it," says David.

I always felt the blocks around Morgan @ the Park would have great potential for Highrise residential. I am talking about the vacant lots around Broad and Farmington, Cosgrove and Asylum, and above the underground parking garage just west of Broad Street. Short walk to Downtown, the Insurance companies on Asylum Hill and the Capitol area.

This is great. And very true. I have been trying to find a condo to buy for the last year in downtown. Right now there is next to nothing for sale downtown....hopefully that will change with the new tower at the YMCA site and the new College Street LLC building on Pearl St.

BTW, I drove by 266 Pearl St. and it seems they are making solid progress on the penthouse floor. Shouldn't be long before the building is up and running. The only problem I see is that it seems as though a condo tower on that location should be about 10-15 stories taller.

The only problem I see is that it seems as though that a condo tower on that location should be about 10-15 stories taller.

No worries, as long as Hartford keeps the momentum going, that whole downtown west area will be filled with a mix of highrise condo towers and lowrises in the coming years.

Awesome!!!! I worked inside the State Street building today and I got a glimpse of the Science Center construction site next door and I am amazed how much the area has filled in. The Convention Center, The Marriot and the soon to be Science Center are all standing on lots that where once empty. Of course The Science Center won't be empty for long. :D

Archived