Pea Ridge!

KJW

Village home center, a division of cooper communities, has bought the Easley Hardware store downtown. (Other Village hardware centers: Bella Vista, Hot Springs Village, Tellico, TN....this is fascinating as Easley's has been a true "small-town" hardware store if there ever was one, although "small-town" almost carries a different meaning in NWA nowadays.)

Wal-Mart has bought a parcel of land there. It may take awhile, but even a public affairs officer for the company says a store will likely be built there at a later date.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The land they purchased and are not "doing anything with" has a construction office set up and lots of land being razed and it appears some building/roads being plotted out. It's not just a field sitting there at this point for future development, as something is planned.

The land they purchased and are not "doing anything with" has a construction office set up and lots of land being razed and it appears some building/roads being plotted out. It's not just a field sitting there at this point for future development, as something is planned.

Are you talking about Wal-mart? It does seem that a store would be a bit ealy for that area. But who knows what else they might have planned but aren't letting out of the bag.

I thought I already mentioned this, but Pea Ridge is getting a Wal-Mart Supercenter. The store is suppose to be more than 179,000 Square Feet (average sized) with all the usual amenities and a gas station. No official announcement has been made.

I thought I already mentioned this, but Pea Ridge is getting a Wal-Mart Supercenter. The store is suppose to be more than 179,000 Square Feet (average sized) with all the usual amenities and a gas station. No official announcement has been made.

Granted there's a lot of population in this area of the state. But there doesn't seem to be quite so much there. But what do I know, I don't live in Benton County.

Granted there's a lot of population in this area of the state. But there doesn't seem to be quite so much there. But what do I know, I don't live in Benton County.

Yes, it will be the 6th Supercenter in Benton County.

2 in Rogers

1 in Bentonville

1 in Siloam Springs

1 future location in Centerton

1 future location in Pea Ridge

Yes, it will be the 6th Supercenter in Benton County.

2 in Rogers

1 in Bentonville

1 in Siloam Springs

1 future location in Centerton

1 future location in Pea Ridge

I guess it is their backyard and no harm in making sure there's plenty to go around. :lol:

Mith,

There are (surprise, surprise) a lot of houses going in there, mainly west of town and toward Bella Vista (these are smaller, like ones in Centerton) with a subdivision also going in immediately east of the city limits.

Mith,

There are (surprise, surprise) a lot of houses going in there, mainly west of town and toward Bella Vista (these are smaller, like ones in Centerton) with a subdivision also going in immediately east of the city limits.

Yeah granted I don't know the area as well as you guys do. Just seems odd that they're putting one in already. Areas like Pine Bluff just got their first Supercenter not long ago.

What I had heard was a neighborhood market, even living there I can't imagine there is enough population to support a supercenter, much less staff a supercenter, it's only 20 mintues to the 4 supercenters in the area, but hey, it Wal-Mart wants to build a supercenter there, I won't complain!!

Archived