Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomcampion

American Trust Building

7 posts in this topic

While trying to figure out what building 333 Union Street is as part of another thread's mission (http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=26113), I did some Googling for the American Trust Building and found a sales website for The Crystal, the name of the condos to occupy the venerable edifice: http://www.crystalnashville.com/

This is the first time I've seen anything besides the NBJ article from a year ago about Accurate Investments buying the property and saying they were going to best Tony, Bristol, and the others in converting the American Trust Building to condos. We'll see what happens. The website seems to be a bit of a shell right now, and the "Spring 2006" date listed on the "Virtual Tour" page makes me question the project's reality at the cusp of summer.

I love this building and really want to see life return to it. A completed Public Square, a fully occupied Stahlman, and a sold-out American Trust would really help create a thriving scene on Union Street.

Great job Tom. This is the way we usually find out the little tidbits and force an answer out of people before they are ready to show and tell. I am sure we will find more about this as time goes on.

I see why this would be a very challenging project to finance. The units as planned will be tiny and expensive.

IMO, they may do better as apartments instead of condos since the Stahlman is going to be apartments as well. We need more apartments DT now that many of the apartments that were there have or are converted to condos.

So I assume that I was correct in the other thread when I supposed that 333 Union is in fact the Trust Bldgs.

So I assume that I was correct in the other thread when I supposed that 333 Union is in fact the Trust Bldgs.

No, 301 Union St. is the address of the American Trust Building, and the Regions Bank Building/Union Plaza next door is 315 Union St., I believe. I think 333 might be one of the cool old 1-2 story structures next door to Regions/UP that houses law offices.