Duck Derby

gs3

This should probably go in the "Happenings" thread, but it's such a really great event it felt like it needed to be called out in it's own thread. The Duck Derby is tomorrow (Saturday May 27th) in Falls Park. I went to this event last year and it was great!! Everybody cheering for their duck to win, and the thousands of ducks floating down the river. Really, really fun! :D The money goes to a very good cause also. Come out and support it this year!

Here is the link:

http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail....vent_id=1311235

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should probably go in the "Happenings" thread, but it's such a really great event it felt like it needed to be called out in it's own thread. The Duck Derby is tomorrow (Saturday May 27th) in Falls Park. I went to this event last year and it was great!! Everybody cheering for their duck to win, and the thousands of ducks floating down the river. Really, really fun! :D The money goes to a very good cause also. Come out and support it this year!

Here is the link:

http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail....vent_id=1311235

This is a really cool event and I wish I could go, but I've got other plans tomorrow. It's for some great causes, too! :thumbsup:

http://www.reedyriverduckderby.com/ will also get you to the site.

Great photos of the Duck Derby g-man! :thumbsup: The turnout was great....very large crowd! Overall wonderful and fun event! Here are some of my photos to add.....you and I must have been standing in the same place at the same time on some of these.

CIMG5332.jpg

CIMG5336.jpg

CIMG5341.jpg

CIMG5343.jpg

CIMG5349.jpg

CIMG5348.jpg

CIMG5351.jpg

CIMG5352.jpg

CIMG5350.jpg

Fabulous photos, g-man430 and gsupstate! I regret not being in town for this event. I was at last year's race, but this year seems to have attracted more people. I anticipate even larger crowds in the future. Some of these photos could easily be used to help sell Greenville to potential transplants. The shot from the Bowater overlook toward the West End is a great angle. Now imagine the view after the Cancer Survivors' Park is complete. :thumbsup:

I've never been to the even before, but I sure want to go now! Does the winning duck's person get anything?

Hmmm, imagine if they extend this up the river a little ways... This event could become BIGGER than Charleston's Cooper River Bridge Run!!! :w00t: Ahh, yes, the Greenville Reedy River Duck Race....

There are 5 different prizes, all of which are pretty big. The prizes are:

1st Place- $2,500 Cash

2nd Place- Diamond Bracelet from JB Lachers Jewelers

3rd Place- $1,000 Gift Certificate to Ashley Furniture

4th Place- $500 Gift Certificate to West End Spa

5th Place- Set of 2 Custom Made Lamps from Harrison Lighting

Hmmm, imagine if they extend this up the river a little ways... This event could become BIGGER than Charleston's Cooper River Bridge Run!!! :w00t: Ahh, yes, the Greenville Reedy River Duck Race....

I could easily see them stretching the length of the race on the river, on through Falls Park, along the greenways over into Cleveland Park. Looks like the number of people are growing every year, so lengthening the course may be needed. Oh yeah, they had cool merchandise too.....these duck beaks for kids that quacked when you blew through them.....great T-Shirts and caps with the double duck logo. A well done event! :thumbsup:

• 11 months later...
Anyone know how to get in touch w/folks associated with the duck derby? I just tried to buy a 6 pack of Ducks online for tomorrow and got a nasty error when I hit submit. I have no idea if I have ducks or not :( And I don't see any contact info on the site(s) either ... Well except for email but I'd feel much better with a phone call than email on this one (odd since I'm a techie )

Archived