Do you engage in aerobic exercise and/or weight bearing exercise?

Jerseyman4

Questions  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Aerobic exercise?

• Almost everyday or everyday
    • Some days of the week
    • hardly ever
    • nada
  2. 2. Weight bearing exercise

• Almost or everyday
    • Some days of the week
    • hardly ever
    • nada
  3. 3. So this means you are a couch potato by heart?

• Call me Mr. Potato Head
    • I get out sometimes
    • Im always out at the gym

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I run every morning in the park next to my house, so that's everyday for question number one, I go to the gym two or three times a week, so that's some days for question number 2, and I put sometimes on number three, because I'm not super obsessive about going to the gym.

I do cardio 5-6 days a week and weights 3-4 days a week. Although I belong to a gym, I never go. I workout almost exclusively at home. I have a home gym with cardio equipment and weight machines plus I use, um, videos. But they're good videos! I primarily use Cathe Friedrich and Power 90X. Neither of the programs I do are designed for wimps. :D I actually get a much better workout at home than I've ever gotten in a gym. I am not a member of the Pink Dumbells Club and gyms really try to push women in that direction.

I'm not a "workout junkie" but I am pretty serious about my workouts. I'm also into healthy eating within reason.

I used to be obese but lost over 100 lbs a year ago. Problem is, I still LOVE to eat junk food so I have to exercise a lot to keep the weight off. I usually run 7 miles a day and then ride an exercise bike at night. And I usually lift weights four days a week. It may sound excessive but this way I get to eat like 6000 calories a day and not gain weight. Definitely worth it to be able to eat donuts and pizza daily.

I walk on a the basis of neccesity, which is enough to keep me in shape but I definately wouldn't classify it as excercise, since I have no intentions of that. I have weight bench and occasionally use it, eventually I plan on making it a habit but for now I'm just to lazy :D .

I work out with weights every day and do push ups. The aerobic exercising I just can't seem to keep up with on a regular basis. I need to join a gym. It's the motivation that kills me. I'll be good for a week, then slip up and lose ground.

I've been losing weight since the beginning of the year and I know to step things up I have to exercise more. I love to eat out, and that is unfortunately contributing to keeping me fatter than I want to.

Looks like I need a kick in the butt to get me to do more than what I'm doing now.

I get my daily exercise by walking ungodly distances to places I need to be because I'm too stingy to buy a bus ticket. I'd say I walk at least 1 mile each way to class 2 times a day... plus walking everywhere else like the half mile to the grocery store and back nearly every day and what not.

Otherwise I like to try and eat healthy so I can exercise less. I can't tell you how many times now I've gone 4 of 5 days without a single bite of meat.. and this is coming from a guy who can down a 1 pound steak and still have room for salad and cheesecake... oh well, I know it's better.. plus it makes room for all the Austrian beer in the evenings.

I lift weights for my upper body, I do the once a week low rep thing for strength. Mainly I'm interested in the bench press. I need to start curling though because my triceps are starting to overshadow my biceps but like I told my nephew-biceps are for getting tail (flex for the women), triceps are for kicking tail (punching someone in the face).

I bench once a week on Saturday-the last time I lifted I did 205 for 4 reps. A few weeks ago I lifted a max of 225, well I think it was a max, I didn't want to lift again. On Sunday I tried floor pressing for the first time to hit my triceps I did 180 for 5 reps, at the end of 4 sets. 155 x5, 165 x5,175x5,180x5. I could've went beyond 5 reps in the earlier lifts, but that day was my first time and I had no idea what I could do so it was basically test day, and I didn't want to waste any energy pressing more than 5 reps because I knew I was going up and I wanted to find a max.

I lift 3 to 4 times a week, with each day being a focus day.

Mondays - Chest/Triceps/ Shoulders 4 to 5 excercises ranging in reps.

Wed. - Biceps 5 excercises

Thursday - Quads, Hamstrings, Calves 10 excercises

Friday - Back 4 to 5 excercises

I also play Racketball twice a week for about an hour.

A few years ago I started exercising to lose a little weight. Thinking I needed to lose about 30 lbs, I started running (well, walking really fast) every day and eating at Subway. Yes, this was right when Jared first ebcame Subway's spokesperson, some 5-6 years ago. Before long, I'd lost 30 lbs and was running at least 1 mile per day. Actually that 30 lbs was in only 2 months. I then went on to lose another 55 lbs, 25 of which I didn't need to lose. But I'd worked up to running up to 6 miles a day, 7 days per week. I very seldom ever missed a beat. But that consistency eventually took its toll on my body, and I became tired of it and decided to take a break for about a week. One week turned into two, turned into three, four, and so on until I didn't run again for at least a year.

Since then I've run off and on, but in very light intervals. Nothing major. Dropped a few more pounds even, before gaining it all back and then some. Recently I weighed in at my heaviest ever... 285 lbs. It was at that point that my Doctor told me to get it together or I'd die very, very young. So I joined a gym and was going hot and heavy for a few weeks until I stopped for a weekend. A weekend turned into a week, turned into two, turned into a vacation week, turned into a full month.

Today I was supposed to start back at the gym, but it didn't happen. Too many variables were working against me today, but hopefully tomorrow will be the big day. I really have got to change this pattern that I continue to fall into.

Wish me luck!?

I was up to an hour on the elliptical trainer before stopping 1 month ago, and I know when I start back this week, 15 minutes is going to feel like an eternity once again. But this is the struggle that's become my life. I will beat it, though, you watch. I will get it all off again and keep it off, and I will be a runner again.

Anyway, sorry to get so carried away. I suppose my answer would be: yes and no. Yes, I should, but no I haven't been because I've become lazy again.

Don't give up! I need to get going back, my lame excuse has been the lack of quality of the gyms around here. When I lived in Providence I actually walked 30-40 minutes each way to go to a gym with, among other really nice features including all new equipment, a stupid feature that I really appreciated. Personal headsets at each cardio machine so I could listen to one of like 10 televisions. In addition to giving me some sort of entertainment, it gave me this false sense of isolation which is something I need when I'm at the gym being over self conscious. I'm not big on music, in the car for me it's usually talk radio or silence when I'm alone. I was doing 45-60 minutes on the elliptical 3-5 days a week and lifting 4 days a week, now it's been a year since I last went to a gym. I'm going to suck it up join one of the crappy gyms around here sometime soon.

Today I was supposed to start back at the gym, but it didn't happen. Too many variables were working against me today, but hopefully tomorrow will be the big day. I really have got to change this pattern that I continue to fall into.

Wish me luck!?

Good Luck Man.

Never Give Up, nothing is impossible.

Archived