Murfreesboro Pics

Justiceham

• 2 months later...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I would post some general Murfreesboro photos, and this seemed like the most appropriate thread to post them in. The following photos were taken over the course of a little over a year.

McFadden Farm area of the Stones River National Battlefield:

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

Downtown and surrounding area (my wife and I attend the pictured church, Central Christian Church.):

DSC00849.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

I thought I would post some general Murfreesboro photos, and this seemed like the most appropriate thread to post them in. The following photos were taken over the course of a little over a year.

McFadden Farm area of the Stones River National Battlefield:

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

Downtown and surrounding area (my wife and I attend the pictured church, Central Christian Church.):

DSC00849.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

Great pictures!

Sorry for the delay, but here are the pictures I spoke of earlier. As with my last batch, some of these pictures go back more than a year. The most recent of this particular set is a few months old.

The Sones River and Stones River Battlefield (McFadden Farm area):

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

Middle Tennessee State University:

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

Edited by Relient J

Nice pictures guys! Good area to raise a family in?

Why yes! Murfreesboro is tied with Franklin as having the top schools in the state. There are many parks and wild life stations with state of the art facitlities (i.e. Barfield Crescent Park, Old Fort Park, Richard Siegle Park, Discovery Center At Murfree Spring) as well as recreational facilities (i.e. Go USA Theme Park, Murfreesboro Athletic Club, Patterson Park Community Center). There is a healthy mix of low/mid/upscale/high end housing. Crime is very low for a city its size. Sure you'll fnd your Wal-marts, Starbucks, and other retail sprawl, but you'll also find a thriving downtown with specialty shops, boutiques, restaurants, banks, music shops, clubs etc. Murfreesboro has almost 100,000 residents and is still a proud Main Street Community.

Sorry for the triple post, but here's another Murfreesboro picture. This time it's the water tower on Jones Blvd.:

DSC01357.jpg

There have been a few of these built around Murfreesboro and I do not know if it was the case for each of them but the one on New Salem Hwy. was actually an old farm silo. They reinforced the walls of the silo and then added the top "mushroom" section which was kind of cool I thought. Rather innovative.

Why yes! Murfreesboro is tied with Franklin as having the top schools in the state. There are many parks and wild life stations with state of the art facitlities (i.e. Barfield Crescent Park, Old Fort Park, Richard Siegle Park, Discovery Center At Murfree Spring) as well as recreational facilities (i.e. Go USA Theme Park, Murfreesboro Athletic Club, Patterson Park Community Center). There is a healthy mix of low/mid/upscale/high end housing. Crime is very low for a city its size. Sure you'll fnd your Wal-marts, Starbucks, and other retail sprawl, but you'll also find a thriving downtown with specialty shops, boutiques, restaurants, banks, music shops, clubs etc. Murfreesboro has almost 100,000 residents and is still a proud Main Street Community.

WOW! Thanks. The wife and I are going there in Sept for a day. We were going and still I should say to NC to look and found this town. Paid an addtional $1100 to fly there for the day from NC during our visit to NC....lol Hope its worth it ;)

There have been a few of these built around Murfreesboro and I do not know if it was the case for each of them but the one on New Salem Hwy. was actually an old farm silo. They reinforced the walls of the silo and then added the top "mushroom" section which was kind of cool I thought. Rather innovative.

What is it?

^ Not having any kids myself, I'm probably not the best one to answer that question. There are several parks, a boys and girls club, and a place where kids can ride go-karts and play video games, and (I'm sure) lots of church youth groups.

Edited by Relient J

A place to raise a family? Things for kids to do?

Yes, the usual types of places. Parks, movie theatres (there is also a legitimate theatre group for kids - the Sunshine Players), skateboard park, Discovery Museum for smaller kids, Community Centers, Pools, Soccer fields, etc. MTSU offers Division I college sports to attend and, of course, professional sports are just a short drive away in Nashville (Football, Hockey).

Edited by Fallingwater

Yes, the usual types of places. Parks, movie theatres (there is also a legitimate theatre group for kids - the Sunshine Players), skateboard park, Discovery Museum for smaller kids, Community Centers, Pools, Soccer fields, etc. MTSU offers Division I college sports to attend and, of course, professional sports are just a short drive away in Nashville (Football, Hockey).

Sounds great! I am sure the girls will ask if there is a mall?

Sounds great! I am sure the girls will ask if there is a mall?

Yes. Stones River Mall which is not very large but is currently undergoing expansion. The whole area around that Mall however is pretty much 'shop til you drop' retail stores like Old Navy, etc. I'm not sure but I had heard that a new Mall was going to be built.

Yes. Stones River Mall which is not very large but is currently undergoing expansion. The whole area around that Mall however is pretty much 'shop til you drop' retail stores like Old Navy, etc. I'm not sure but I had heard that a new Mall was going to be built.

What about other things for teenagers? IE; miniature golf, arcade, movies, etc?

^ We've got Go USA Theme Park, which has miniature golf, arcade, gocart racing and more, and a couple of movie theaters in town, one better than the other (in my opinion). On the subject of malls, we also have a brand new one under construction called The Avenue Murfreesboro. It's going to be an outdoor lifestyle mall, and will be very large.

^ We've got Go USA Theme Park, which has miniature golf, arcade, gocart racing and more, and a couple of movie theaters in town, one better than the other (in my opinion). On the subject of malls, we also have a brand new one under construction called The Avenue Murfreesboro. It's going to be an outdoor lifestyle mall, and will be very large.

The other town we are looking into which seems to be cheaper is La Vergne. Any thoughts?

The other town we are looking into which seems to be cheaper is La Vergne. Any thoughts?

No speeding! Ha.

I'm not that familiar with LaVergne but I know that it is an enclave which has experienced tremendous growth too. It is situated next to Davidson County and so you would be only about five minutes away from a major Mall (Hickory Hollow) and the Ampitheatre where all the big name bands perform in the less inclimate months.