Murfreesboro Pics

Justiceham

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I was around town and up to no good as usual so I thought I would take some pics of construction going on.

New Apartment Village Going Up on Fortress

100_0003.jpg

100_0004.jpg

The Avenues

100_0005.jpg

100_0006.jpg

Drive Down Medical Center Parkway to Downtown

100_0009.jpg

Downtown Cluster

100_0011.jpg

Church Street

100_0015.jpg

Health Department

100_0012.jpg

Riverbend Townhomes on Thompson Lane ($300,000 and up)

100_0030.jpg

Typical neighborhood

100_0023.jpg

McMansion

100_0022.jpg

Pritty House under construction

100_0028.jpg

Mellow Mushshroom Pizza Part of a Large Commercial Development near MTSU

100_0029.jpg

Murfreesboro Athletic Club (MAC)

100_0017.jpg

Thanks for those wonderful pictures, Justiceham! You captured one of my favorites views in town with your photo looking toward the Gateway Medical Plaza on Medical Center Parkway. I don't know why, but there's just something cool about that view. I also like your shot of the McMansion. I don't know that I've ever seen that one before. It's a lovely house!

Thanks for those wonderful pictures, Justiceham! You captured one of my favorites views in town with your photo looking toward the Gateway Medical Plaza on Medical Center Parkway. I don't know why, but there's just something cool about that view. I also like your shot of the McMansion. I don't know that I've ever seen that one before. It's a lovely house!

I like that picture too, Relient J. There is a nice blend of beautiful landscaping and rising structures and I like views where an avenue seems terminated by a large structure although in this case, MCP merely makes a bend. Overall though this picture shows an area of town which appears very beautiful and exceptionally clean. Very inviting.

^You guys are certainly welcome. I've been trying to get some renderings of MTSU's Rec Center Expansion as I know this project starts in January. I will keep you updated, though. 2007 looks very bright for Murfreesboro, some of these projects will actually be complete! Happy New Year guys!

• 1 month later...

Wow, I just checked out the pictures and have to say Murfreesboro is nothing like I remember it. Having been born there in 78 and moving to Va Beach in 81, I really only remember things when I went to visit family in Nashville/Woodbury areas but it's grown a lot since I last went there several years back. While here at the beach where people are flooding in from all over and construction never stops, it was always good to get away to the "country" so to speak where I found it odd but nice that every driver that went by waved to me. It's good to see Murfreesboro growing but hopefully it will always keep that small city charm that I enjoyed when I was in town.

verycool.jpg

^^^VB's newest building, the Westin at Town Center^^^

Edited by ILLatWILL

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I encourage all of you who live in and around Murfreesboro to get out and photograph your city.. I want to see all of the new things, most of the pics on this thread I cant see.......

Please take pictures of new construction and post them.. update often!

It's not that there is nothing to take pictures of, it's just that the large projects haven't made much physical progress such as MTMC, Thompson Lane Condomiums, Marymont Springs, Westlawn, Hillwood, 315 Main, Maney Avenue urban revitalization, as well as the numerous projects that MTSU has going on. I will post pictures of the new baseball stadium when I get them, though.

^There's nothing to take pictures of, excepting lame suburban office parks and retail surrounded by asphalt wastelands. It would be a waste of time, battery/film, gas, etc. to go around documenting that junk. Happy Easter.

Amen to that. I'm very disappointed with the way Murfreesboro has been "developed." I'm not surprised though.

Here are a few pics of the beams and elevator shaft rising for the baseball stadium.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/Jus...nt=100_0588.jpg

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/Jus...nt=100_0587.jpg

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/Jus...nt=100_0586.jpg

Here is a pic of the expanded rec center.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/Jus...nt=100_0591.jpg

I'll have more complete pictures of the exterior, the new clinic and pharmacy as well as interior renovations when more is finished. There is new stone flooring near the weight room and new carpeting is being put down upstairs. The locker rooms have been updated and parking lots have been paved. Alumni Drive provides a new second entrance for the east side of campus by Greek Row while contruction is underway on MTSU Boulevard to widen it. More may be found in the article below.

http://media.www.mtsusidelines.com/media/s...y-3260440.shtml

• 5 months later...