How did you celebrate Memorial Weekend in Charlotte?

monsoon

How did you celebrate Memorial Weekend in Charlotte?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How did you celebrate Memorial Weekend in Charlotte?

• Went to one of the races
    • Went to speed street
    • Cookout with friends
    • Went to the Lake
    • Enjoyed one of the Parks
    • Another local event (explain please)
    • More than one above
    • Went out of town
    • Worked

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday, I went to my three favorite places in Charlotte so far: Berrybrook Farm, Manifest Music, and Bookbuyers Used Books. Then went to the movies at night. But I do that almost every Saturday :blink: I guess I am a creature of habit. I will try to do something new before the holiday weekend is over but I am having trouble moving from the porch :shades:

Homework for finals, and work at tony romas for the most part. Saturday I got to celebrate for an hour or two. My girlfriend candace and I got to go down to riverstreet and watch the festivities when we decided to get a break. The river was lively and we ate at Churchhills on Bay, got some icecream at ben and jerry's under the hyatt, and got some drinks at tubbies, it was a pretty nice day but none of our friends had time for a cookout, SCAD doesn't get any days off for Memorial Day.

PS. On an unrelated note, GO HURRICANES, I'm sweating overtime

yea actually a couple, I have had 6 friends that have worked at lady and sons and 3 that have worked at uncle bubba's (her less well known restaurant near the beach) and I've had a number of run ins with her. My ex and I also took one of her cooking classes, which was neat, too much butter tho I'm health conscious lately. Just to tell you the Lady and Sons has the heighest turnover rate of servers of probably any restaurant I've ever seen, because there is a such a reputation that paula has to live up to the simplest mistake is not allowed, and neither is the simplest comment, I've known two people who have been fired for sexual harassment, for just calling one of the people they were serving hot behind their back to a superior (manager, head server, etc) They are pretty scrutinized for that in savannah, and Lady and Sons, because paula's fame has become notorious for lines that stretch over a block long, and its mostly elderly ladies and its been in the 90s lately. It was 99 one day and two little old ladys collapsed.

It's funny you say that about the lines, cuz I was talking to my mother in NY the other day and she said that their good friends were just in SAV and tried to go to The Lady & Sons but bolted because the line was blocks long.

Sorry to take this thread so far off topic, but I HAD to get answers to these nagging questions! Back to Memorial Day shenanigans....

Archived