Memorial Day

Memorial day is about honoring those who have served our country and especially those who have lost their lives in that service.

It is also a time to remember friends and loved ones who have died.

I assume that I'm older than most of you. As such, I assume that my wife and I may have spent more time this weekend in cemeteries cleaning markers and planting memorial flowers. We shed tears at the graves of friends, children, parents, siblings and grandparents. Loosing loved ones is a natural part of life and it will happen to all of you if it hasn't already. The list grows as you get older.

In that light, here's my advice: it is infinitely more enjoyable to spend time with loved ones today than it will be remembering them after they are gone. Live each day accordingly; adjust your priorities; repair broken relationships; give more hugs...you get the idea. One day you will either appreciate that you did or regret that you didn't.

Have a great holiday.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that light, here's my advice: it is infinitely more enjoyable to spend time with loved ones today than it will be remembering them after they are gone. Live each day accordingly; adjust your priorities; repair broken relationships; give more hugs...you get the idea. One day you will either appreciate that you did or regret that you didn't.

I could not agree more! :)

Archived