GPT Terminal Layout

northernbizzkit1

Do any of you by any chance have a layout of how the new terminal will be at GPT? The website doesn't offer it, and I was wondering if it would be different from the dinky one now where you simply go up an escalator and there are five gates. I'd love to see the main area and maybe two wings with an A and B concourse, but I don't think the market is large enough for this quite yet.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the two new airlines began service to GPT, I think the following will happen:

A. United or US Airways will start Express service (I feel United is more likely due to the fact that it doesn't serve Mobile already).

B. Pan Am Clipper (which now flies to Tunica) will begin service due to the fact that there has been word that they want to expand.

C. A few more mainline flights will begin from Delta, Northwest (which is pure RJ to Memphis right now), and Continental.

Once hotel rooms start to come back on line, there will be an increased demand for flights. The Beau Rivage and its 1780 rooms should be open in August. Others are scheduled to follow soon after. The inventory of rooms will still take a few years to recover, but there will be many more of them than before Katrina in just a few years' time.

GPT Gets $44m For Revamp

Norman Mineta was in Gulfport recently to announce a $44m grant for the rebuilding of the Gulfport/Biloxi International Airport. This includes the remodeling of the terminal, a new general aviation building and a new control tower. The total, including recent grants, is $51m.

Gulf Coast News

Archived