Cooper-Young Place

sleepy

Anyone know anything about this?

The article mentions 2 other CY developments that I'm aware of--the condo development and some cheaper homes around McLean--but this is the first I've heard of it. I wonder where they'd put 33 single family homes in that neighborhood?

Excerpts:

http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/sto...editorial1.html

"And Bernard Cowles is aiming for the high-end homebuyer with his project: Cooper Young Place, a development of 33 homes, priced from $280,000-$350,000.

Despite the uber-growth occurring in the suburbs, or maybe even because of it, inner-city Memphis is still a desirable place to live for many families, young professionals and empty-nesters."

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know anything about this?

The article mentions 2 other CY developments that I'm aware of--the condo development and some cheaper homes around McLean--but this is the first I've heard of it. I wonder where they'd put 33 single family homes in that neighborhood?

Excerpts:

http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/sto...editorial1.html

"And Bernard Cowles is aiming for the high-end homebuyer with his project: Cooper Young Place, a development of 33 homes, priced from $280,000-$350,000.

Despite the uber-growth occurring in the suburbs, or maybe even because of it, inner-city Memphis is still a desirable place to live for many families, young professionals and empty-nesters."

Maybe the article is talking about the high end home that are already being built at Elzey and Barksdale

Maybe the article is talking about the high end home that are already being built at Elzey and Barksdale

Yeah, I don't live in Memphis, so I don't really know what's going on.

I was only aware of the infill houses around McLean by the old library, but that was finished I believe a couple of years ago.

Archived