Famous New Orleanians

NCB

I always considered Marilyn Manson post industrial. Back in the day, I was really big into NIN, Ministry, Front Line Assembly, Skinny Puppy and Front 242.

Wow, and I thought I was a fan of Industrial. I like Nine Inch Nails and Skinny Puppy but haven't heard of those others. I'd bet my friend Jonathan has, though... he was DEEP into Industrial music and then got DEEP into Gothic culture from that. That's about the time Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids came along, which would then become just Marilyn Manson.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, and I thought I was a fan of Industrial. I like Nine Inch Nails and Skinny Puppy but haven't heard of those others. I'd bet my friend Jonathan has, though... he was DEEP into Industrial music and then got DEEP into Gothic culture from that. That's about the time Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids came along, which would then become just Marilyn Manson.

Hey I'm impressed you at least know about Skinny Puppy. Just out of curiousity do you have any favorites from Skinny Puppy?

Hey I'm impressed you at least know about Skinny Puppy. Just out of curiousity do you have any favorites from Skinny Puppy?

The only names I recall are Tormentor and Killing Game... I believe those were the names anyway. I didn't own any of their stuff, but my friend had quite a bit of it. If I heard it, I'd most likely be able to sing along but not tell you the names. I did own plenty of NIN and Manson, but the Skinny Puppy stuff I never did own any of.

Sorry Nate, didn't mean to hijack this topic.

Haha, no problem. We all love to get off topic in here. I think we can keep these posts in here if the topic shifts back to the stuff posted earlier in the thread. :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

more famous new orleanians i didn't see on the list

john larroquette (actor, from night court and other shows)

delta burke and her husband gerald mc raney

harry anderson (actor, from night court)

richard simmons (celebrity, exercise enthusiast and promoter of same)

brad pitt and angelina jolie (since post katrina)

and there are others

these are just off the top of my head

Archived