Clemson Baseball Wins ACC Title!

GvilleSC

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was pretty incredible that they scored 10 runs in the ninth inning of the second Saturaday game on Sunday at about 1:00am, then turned around and easily defeated the Wolfpack after approximately 5 hours of sleep. Congratulations for becoming the #1 college baseball team in the nation! :D Pretty impressive since they were picked #1 in the preseason also. Usually that doesn't bode well for a team.

I hope Clemson gets further into the college world series this time - it's about time they win the damn thing! This has actually been a good year for SC college baseball in general - I can recall seeing USC in the top 25 as well for a brief moment Winthrop (though I don't know how their season turned out).

But Clemson's baseball team will always be a sentimental favorite for me - even though I didn't go there or I don't follow sports - but my granddad was a pitcher there in the '30s when it was a military college.

Besides Clemson being the #1 national seed, South Carolina is the #2 seed at Virginia, Winthrop is the #2 seed at UNC Chapel Hill and the College of Charleston is a #2 seed as well. Very good year for South Carolina baseball.

Head out to Tiger town to catch the games if you can make it!

I was sure that Winthrop ranked rather high (as it usually does), but I haven't been really keeping up this year. Good to see several of our teams get national exposure!

These guys are on a roll! After soundly thrashing UNC-Asheville in the first game yesterday, Clemson obliterated Elon 13-3, by pounding back-to-back homers - TWICE. They're looking every bit the #1 team in the nation right now, which is good, considering that designation has been given to them to responsibly hold onto.

Check out more up-to-date and recent info about the Clemson Regional here. :shades:

And the Tigers will host Oral Roberts U. this weekend for a best of three series for the right to go to Omaha. Can't wait to go to the game this weekend!

South Carolina needs to defeat Evansville today to advance and the College of Charleston defeated the top seed in its regional, Kentucky, to advance. Alas, Winthrop lost to the #1 seed, North Carolina - Chapel Hill, yesterday.

Still not a bad way for the tournament to start for the Palmetto state.

A great quote by Craig Jackson in his wrap-up blog entry about the Clemson Regional:

Clemson is one of those teams that has a rare blend of power, speed, small ball, and defense, with a heaping helping of picthing thrown in for good measure. When mixed with an enthusiastic crowd whipped up to fever pitch by a charismatic head coach, you have the recipe for a special team that could take Omaha by storm.

Actually, the teams are 3-3 this season. Georgia Tech beat us 2 of 3 during the season (all were in Atlanta, I believe), and we beat Georgia Tech 2 of 3 during the ACC Tournament a couple of weeks ago. The two teams seem very evenly matched, and both are ranked in the top 10. Interestingly enough, the last time either team lost was to the other one!

Actually, the teams are 3-3 this season. Georgia Tech beat us 2 of 3 during the season (all were in Atlanta, I believe), and we beat Georgia Tech 2 of 3 during the ACC Tournament a couple of weeks ago. The two teams seem very evenly matched, and both are ranked in the top 10. Interestingly enough, the last time either team lost was to the other one!

You're right, I forgot about the first game in the ACC tournament. I only remembered the loss and win on Saturday.

Iin the last two months, Georgia Tech has been the only team Clemson has lost to.

Archived