Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tSlater

Pacman

20 posts in this topic

Anybody remember playing pacman? The game's a classic and my friends and I want to show the game still lives on by re-enacting the game of Pacman on the sidewalks of downtown GR on monday. It'll be fun.. we've got a pacman and a couple ghosts, but we're still looking for a few more ghosts. We'll be using the Calder for the ghost nest... the shape of the area is perfect for it.

Anybody remember playing pacman? The game's a classic and my friends and I want to show the game still lives on by re-enacting the game of Pacman on the sidewalks of downtown GR on monday. It'll be fun.. we've got a pacman and a couple ghosts, but we're still looking for a few more ghosts. We'll be using the Calder for the ghost nest... the shape of the area is perfect for it.

Is that going to be next Monday, June 5th? I might have to come by and check that out.

Indeed. If everything goes to plan. We've been trying to do this for a year now but we never got around to it. I'm taking the initiative by giving everyone a date and it should work out.

Edit: If it goes well, we might try to do a life-size Tetris game at the Calder this summer too.

Do you have a buddy as a cameraman lurking in around corners to capture unsuspecting marks?! :) Post it on UP if you do!

Possibly. If so, he will be shooting video

Thank god, because off the wall stuff like this always gets crazy reactions. Like thoes three girls that sing, "smile on your brother" in front of McKay Tower. They are funny indeed and people stare and laugh in their hands...

I'm sure running around in a sheet chasing after a yellow carboard chompy guy will get tonnes of crazy reactions

I think we should really follow the DDA's advice on this one....

Keep it a Secret!

:blink:

The costumes won't be as good, but if we get about 10 people we will actually be playing pacman rather than just chasing. The limits for east-west will be Division<->River, and North-South will be Fulton<->Bridge... or possibly Pearl<->Bridge

Pacman might also be making the pacman sounds.

Thats a pretty large perimeter! I wanna get in on this... We can make this a whole stunt to attract people to visit downtown. Get a camera crew going to capture reations, and queue to fade and present some text. "Keep it a secret. 'Cause they sure as hell can't." :)

Edit: If it goes well, we might try to do a life-size Tetris game at the Calder this summer too.

what about Centipede????? How fun would that be? That was my favorite . . . .

hahahaha centipede omg

we can make a whole project out of this... doing these things once a month or something

With all the construction downtown, maybe you guys can get a good game of Donkey Kong going.

We have plenty of orange barrels!

With all the construction downtown, maybe you guys can get a good game of Donkey Kong going.

We have plenty of orange barrels!

If you're daring, you could latch onto the crane cable @ the JW Marriot site and play some "Pitfall" over the Grand. (Wonder if there's any gators in there? :lol: )

We'll be starting at the Calder at noon. We do NOT have a camera guy lined up so if you've got nothing else to do or will be in the area and have a camera, keep an eye out ^^

I hope that someone gets pictures! I would love to see this.

I won't be there, so someone else is going to have to pinch hit. dbrok or civitas? Come on, I need a good laugh today.

I won't be there, so someone else is going to have to pinch hit. dbrok or civitas? Come on, I need a good laugh today.

sorry, still recovering from Festival :wacko:

What would be really funny is running the pacman parade through the river house press conference. :lol:

Had some problems with the ghost costume so we've delayed it for next week. =[

Hopefully we can get a cameraman for next week