Pacman

Anybody remember playing pacman? The game's a classic and my friends and I want to show the game still lives on by re-enacting the game of Pacman on the sidewalks of downtown GR on monday. It'll be fun.. we've got a pacman and a couple ghosts, but we're still looking for a few more ghosts. We'll be using the Calder for the ghost nest... the shape of the area is perfect for it.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody remember playing pacman? The game's a classic and my friends and I want to show the game still lives on by re-enacting the game of Pacman on the sidewalks of downtown GR on monday. It'll be fun.. we've got a pacman and a couple ghosts, but we're still looking for a few more ghosts. We'll be using the Calder for the ghost nest... the shape of the area is perfect for it.

Is that going to be next Monday, June 5th? I might have to come by and check that out.

Indeed. If everything goes to plan. We've been trying to do this for a year now but we never got around to it. I'm taking the initiative by giving everyone a date and it should work out.

Edit: If it goes well, we might try to do a life-size Tetris game at the Calder this summer too.

Thank god, because off the wall stuff like this always gets crazy reactions. Like thoes three girls that sing, "smile on your brother" in front of McKay Tower. They are funny indeed and people stare and laugh in their hands...

The costumes won't be as good, but if we get about 10 people we will actually be playing pacman rather than just chasing. The limits for east-west will be Division<->River, and North-South will be Fulton<->Bridge... or possibly Pearl<->Bridge

Pacman might also be making the pacman sounds.

Thats a pretty large perimeter! I wanna get in on this... We can make this a whole stunt to attract people to visit downtown. Get a camera crew going to capture reations, and queue to fade and present some text. "Keep it a secret. 'Cause they sure as hell can't." :)

With all the construction downtown, maybe you guys can get a good game of Donkey Kong going.

We have plenty of orange barrels!

If you're daring, you could latch onto the crane cable @ the JW Marriot site and play some "Pitfall" over the Grand. (Wonder if there's any gators in there? :lol: )

I won't be there, so someone else is going to have to pinch hit. dbrok or civitas? Come on, I need a good laugh today.

sorry, still recovering from Festival :wacko:

What would be really funny is running the pacman parade through the river house press conference. :lol:

Archived